I found that post:

Must read for all kids.....
doug747

Posts: 563 ...as I was sitting there keeping score at the duals this weekend, the Montana Vs. Team KS Wildcats match was well in hand for Team Wildcats. Our heavyweight stepped on the mat against a kid from Montana that was in less than tip top physical condition. You know the type, man boobs, big spare tire, the type of kid that probably draws more than his share of teasing from kids. As I watched this kid wrestle our kid, who is a pretty salty, but maybe undersized, heavyweight, I began to think, and told Coach Locke: This kid probably goes to school and hears some punk kids tease him about his belly and his boobs, among other things. But here he is, at the National middle school duals, competing. This is a sport that very few people have the guts and mental toughness to take on. The brutal practices, the multiple beatings, among other things, that it takes to become a better wrestler and person. Taking beating after beating, and to continue to step on to that mat again and again. Like I told a few of our own kids that were struggling and getting thumped this weekend: that kid is here working to get better. All those punks that are talking trash are sitting at home watching cartoons and eating candy bars. I couldn't help but go over to this kid after the match (while he is laying down totally exhausted) and tell him "good job Big Man" and shake his hand. With apologies to Nicky Dikin ( we had the dual in hand), I was hoping that this kid wouldn't get pinned by Nicky. The kid went 3 full periods, and left it all on the mat. That is a kid that will be a winner on the mat at some point, and also when he gets out and becomes an employee, husband, father, grandfather, etc. My guess is that the NCAA heavyweight champ was a similarly built kid as a youngster. Look at him now.