Try staying at the Hotel Girard, just twenty-five miles down beautiful I70 in cozy Lawrence Kansas. For just $39.95/night stay, you get the following amenities:

1) Lighted cul-de-sac parking (limited to the first ten arrivals), otherwise, neighborhood street parking (not lit);

2) Living room and basement sleeping areas that can accommodate up to fifty people comfortably, seventy-five people less comfortably (bring your own air mattress);

3) Zoo like atmosphere for the little ones (40-gallon fish tank loaded with all sorts of fish, two cockatiels that bite, four morning doves, two parakeets that bite, one chinchilla that bites, and one black lab that just lays there). For those with bird allergies, get here early to reserve a living room sleeping area;

4) Live entertainment - watch my wife yell at me for doing something stupid, watch my wife yell at our kids for doing something stupid, watch my wife yell for no reason at all;

5) Recreation available - basketball goal in cul-de-sac (no parking under the basket) and fully enclosed trampoline in the back yard (watch for the dog feces when going to and from the trampoline);

6) Gourmet breakfast - there is an IHOP less that a mile from the house;

7) Jacuzzi Hot Tub on premise - not for public use, but it is on premise.

I doubt any hotel in Topeka can give you as much bang for your buck!

Disclaimer: All reservations are non-refundable and subject to my son making it to State.

Looking forward to seeing you all in March.

Lee Girard