Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: windjammer] #158848 02/03/10 06:57 PM
L
LancerLou Offline
L
Funny, as an older mom, I even pre-date the disco era.

Lou Ann Baker

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: LancerLou] #158849 02/03/10 07:04 PM
windjammer Offline
Free love was a tough era also.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: LancerLou] #158852 02/03/10 07:14 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: LancerLou
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
The US Education systems have become so imbalanced with liberal policies and lack of male influence that our young men are being emasculated! This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I think it is emasculating to have all the moms and dads complaining about their kid being treated unfairly by refs who make a perceived bad call. My sons both would have been very upset if either their dad or I got so involved in fighting a battle for them. We are here to advise them and discuss options, but particularly in sports, they deal with the coach, opponents, refs, etc. That is how you teach them to be men. I also think all the use of the “p” word by grown men is pretty juvenile.

I do agree that there should be some procedure for evaluating refs, but this should be approached as an overall performance, not specific calls in one or two matches. I agree with LancerM that we are seeing way too much whining on the forum this season about specific matches and potentially wrong calls by the ref. Until we have instant replay, it really doesn't matter what we think or even see on youtube after the fact.

Before you discount me as just a mom, which in itself is wrong, know that I grew up with 3 brothers, have been married for over 30 years and have raised 2 sons who are doing pretty darn well.

Congratulations on a job well done (although your opinion is highly biased! smile.) I am still doing mine and I didn't criticize your way/methods so give me the same respect. There is a much bigger picture out there than your house. Since your job is done you can respectfully MOVE ON and let us who are still doing ours do it our way. I don't care how many men you have been involved with, you will never know how it feels to become one or be one.

Lou, you are totally wrong about this fight being the kids fight! Heck, parents can't even have a say with the KSHSAA let alone a HS kid!! The battle starts with the school boards but the war is being lost because of gender inequity in the educational system. How dare you accuse me of emasculating my sons! I am teaching them to fight for what they believe in and you should be happy that there are lots of other dads out there over the centuries who have done the same so you can live in the land of the free.

Until there is accountability and an evaluation system there will be more and more bad calls because NOTHING is really being done to improve the system. This forum just might strike up enough interest to get some ideas generated to come up with a plan that can improve and reduce the number of poor officials in big match situations and bad calls that come along with them.

In regards to the word: puss·y 1 5.Slang A man regarded as weak, timid, or unmanly.

not much different than: sissy sis si/ Show Spelled
Pronunciation [sis-ee] Show IPA noun, plural -sies, adjective

Use sissy in a Sentence
See images of sissy
Search sissy on the Web
–noun 1. an effeminate boy or man.
2. a timid or cowardly person.
3. a little girl.

–adjective 4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a sissy.

I doubt many have a problem with either word but since you do this is why I prefer the "p" word: Pussification just sounds better than sissification to me.

Last edited by Cokeley; 02/03/10 07:26 PM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Cokeley] #158856 02/03/10 07:51 PM
L
LancerLou Offline
L
A typical personal attack, one that I frankly expect anytime someone expresses an opposing opinion. You are way too sensitive and combative. I didn't say anything critical about how you are raising your sons, as I don't know you or your family. I also don't think I bragged about my sons other than to say they are doing well. I could have listed their many accomplishments, but really who cares except family? As for moving on, a parent's job is never over.

Now for the language lesson -

Show Spelled Pronunciation [poos-ee]
–noun, plural -sies. Slang: Vulgar. 1. the vulva.

This word refers to the female anatomy and even the dictionary classifies it as vulgar.

Lou Ann Baker

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: LancerLou] #158857 02/03/10 07:54 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
this just got very ugly.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: HEADUP] #158861 02/03/10 08:02 PM
2coach Offline
wow, thats all I can say now, wow

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: LancerLou] #158862 02/03/10 08:07 PM
Cokeley Offline
I would bet big money that it is used as a slang term way more than it is used in the form you have described. BIG MONEY! It isn't even one of George Carlin's seven deadly words however there is another word on his list that is used pretty exclusively for women that is on that list. It is SO offensive that the general public knows it by a single letter!! Who would have ever thought we would be giving recognition to George Carlin on our Talk Forum...go figure

http://www.erenkrantz.com/Humor/SevenDirtyWords.shtml

A typical personal attack...and yours wasn't???? I think mine was just a witty retaliation/response. Lighten up! Smile!

Last edited by Cokeley; 02/03/10 08:07 PM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Cokeley] #158865 02/03/10 08:27 PM
L
LancerLou Offline
L
Will - I really did not intend to single you out. My reference to "parents" was directed toward several who have complained incessantly about their kids getting a raw deal. In fact, I don't think your son has even been mentioned in any of those discussions.

George Carlin is a favorite of mine and I am very familiar with his list of 7 words. Several on that list are in my daily vocabulary. You have to take into account the origin of words even when they are used as slang. For instance, in many business circles it is not appropriate to use Snafu because of its origin. Both of these words referred to in your recent post use the female anatomy as a derogatory label. I just don’t think men need to put women down in order to be masculine. How about saying someone is a dick, weak, or the old wrestling term a fish? I don’t think any fish are going to complain.
By the way, I am smiling. Hope you are, too.

Lou Ann Baker

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: LancerLou] #158867 02/03/10 08:31 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
That's the Lou Ann that I know and love! Always a good sport.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: LancerLou] #158870 02/03/10 08:44 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
How about saying someone is a fish? I don’t think any fish are going to complain.

great now peta is going to get involved. see lou no matter what name you call someone, somebody- somewhere is going to be offended.

we should have just had a thumb war.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: LancerLou] #158872 02/03/10 08:47 PM
J. Dale Offline
Will - I really did not intend to single you out. My reference to "parents" was directed toward several who have complained incessantly about their kids getting a raw deal. In fact, I don't think your son has even been mentioned in any of those discussions.

George Carlin is a favorite of mine and I am very familiar with his list of 7 words. Several on that list are in my daily vocabulary. You have to take into account the origin of words even when they are used as slang. For instance, in many business circles it is not appropriate to use Snafu because of its origin. Both of these words referred to in your recent post use the female anatomy as a derogatory label. I just don’t think men need to put women down in order to be masculine. How about saying someone is a dick, weak, or the old wrestling term a fish? I don’t think any fish are going to complain.
By the way, I am smiling. Hope you are, too.

Wow. If someone were to get on here and call a certain kid (using their real name) a fish that would be singling an individual kid out which is totally uncalled for and would be very offensive. To say pussification is talking about society in general and their isn't a thing wrong with it as "we all" as a society are P- ifying every thing by allowing our kids to settle for mediocracy.
Now on another subject Lou. What would your response be to know that there are refs out there that drop the "F" bomb to coaches in front of 8 year old kids. With some of the calls, some of the language and some of the convictions, don't you think it's time for some kind of evaluation system for refs to hold them as accountable as we do the kids and coaches. Most of the refs out there do a great job as do most of the coaches and kids. But just as there are a few coaches and kids who don't (and i have been one of them at times) the refs are the only ones who have no evaluation or penalty system in place. What makes them Gods?

Last edited by J. Dale; 02/03/10 08:56 PM.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: J. Dale] #158874 02/03/10 09:04 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: J. Dale
Most of the refs out there do a great job as do most of the coaches and kids. But just as there are a few coaches and kids who don't (and i have been one of them at times) the refs are the only ones who have no evaluation or penalty system in place. What makes them Gods?

What evaluation system is there for Coaches or Wrestlers? I have seen many Coaches and wrestlers that would not score high enough on an evaluation of knowledge of the rules and sportsmanship to continue on.

And by the way, I have seen the same coaches that are complaining of officials dropping the "F" bomb in front of kids, doing the same thing.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Beeson] #158875 02/03/10 09:09 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Originally Posted By: J. Dale
Most of the refs out there do a great job as do most of the coaches and kids. But just as there are a few coaches and kids who don't (and i have been one of them at times) the refs are the only ones who have no evaluation or penalty system in place. What makes them Gods?

What evaluation system is there for Coaches or Wrestlers? I have seen many Coaches and wrestlers that would not score high enough on an evaluation of knowledge of the rules and sportsmanship to continue on.

And by the way, I have seen the same coaches that are complaining of officials dropping the "F" bomb in front of kids, doing the same thing.

What's an F bomb?

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Beeson] #158876 02/03/10 09:10 PM
2coach Offline
Beeson I have to agree with you on this one...

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: 2coach] #158877 02/03/10 09:11 PM
windjammer Offline
Patrick,

It's the super naughty word that starts with F.

And it's not fart.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: PatrickCavanaugh] #158878 02/03/10 09:12 PM
Beeson Offline
The Bomb just before "G" and right after "E". laugh

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Beeson] #158880 02/03/10 09:18 PM
Cokeley Offline
You Ark City boys be nice to each other!!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Beeson] #158881 02/03/10 09:24 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
Originally Posted By: Beeson
The Bomb just before "G" and right after "E". laugh

oh..... that bomb. My 12 year old used it when he smashed his thumb with a hammer. I told him it was better then crying! wink

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Cokeley] #158882 02/03/10 09:24 PM
J. Dale Offline
You have never seen me drop that word during a match in front of the kids. I was however tossed from a tourny for saying BS and they had every right to toss me. Now when a wrestler or coach acts out the evaluation system is they get tossed when a ref does it they get hired by you to officiate their tourny.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: J. Dale] #158883 02/03/10 09:27 PM
Cokeley Offline
HEADUP,

I don't think the committee will approve fishification. Too smelly, what do you think?

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 223 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)