Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
I won't argue the ADA requirements but I have never seen a federal requirement yet that couldn't be circumvented, and that would include ADA.

And there is your error. I can conclude from that statement that you have never sat in on a code compliancy review on a design project....especially around the ADA. Not only is there no way to circumvent the ADA, you will find interpretations of a code official well beyond the "letter of the law".

I had a code official once try to make me add ramps the bottom of the 6" sills on french doors that opened from private offices onto a courtyard. That discussion consumed 2 weeks of my life and we had to eventually change the design because he would not budge.

So, if you think that after the county lost an ADA lawsuit there would be sympathetic code officials that would give you wiggle room you are mistaken.

Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
That doesn't mean I am not aware of all of the shennanigans that went along, or go along, with passing the bond issue to build Intrust. That includes greatly inflating the reconstruction costs of BBA.

You do realize that the new arena WAS NOT funded through a bond election, but a sunset clause 1 cent county sales tax?

But, you have drawn a conclusion and it is obvious that won't change......no worries.

Chuck