Schoolboy Update:

Thanks to all the Schoolboys who wrestled at state, their families and coaches, and to Coaches Knox and Gonzales (Tyler) for making the trip to the state tournament.

All who are interested should email me, or if no email, call me and let me know ASAP. I am attaching the flyer and signup sheet and will be putting together a list this week.

WE NEED BIG GUYS!!!!

We have no wrestlers over 190 interested. I would like to have 2 or 3 210/265 wrestlers to fill out our lineup, so if you know someone please let me know.

Here is the flyer.

Tom Williams wilgt@msn.com 913.485.8279

2010 Kansas Schoolboy Dual Team

Congratulations, you have been selected as a candidate for the 2010 Kansas National Schoolboy team. You have already shown you are one of the best in Kansas folkstyle wrestling. Now it’s time to take it to the next level and advance your wrestling in FreeStyle and Greco.

To qualify you must be born in 1996 or 1997 and have a desire start building the foundation to get you to the next level of wrestling. The National SchoolBoy Freestyle/Greco duals are June 9-13 in Indianapolis, IN, and offer a great opportunity to represent your state on a national level, get some great extra coaching and mat time, and start getting yourself ready for high school wrestling. It also shows you what it’s like to be a part of a team pulling for a common goal just like high school. It will be one of the most fun experiences you have ever had in wrestling.

Schoolboy Duals is an exciting opportunity for your young wrestler to grow and mature as a young man and a wrestler. We have tentative plans for a camp in the Kansas City Metropolitan area for two days commencing on Monday, June 7, 2010. We will leave for Indiana on Wednesday, June 9, 2010 to wrestle for four days and return Sunday, June 13, 2010.

The team travels in vans supervised by the coaching staff and stays together in a hotel in the Indianapolis area. We anticipate a cost for the team, which is only partially funded by USA Wrestling – Kansas, is $225.00 per wrestler. The wrestlers will each receive a blue and red singlet which is custom designed only for the Kansas summer national teams, two t-shirts and a pair of shorts, all designed by Blue Chip Athletic. This gear is included in the cost that each wrestler must pay.

The 2010 National Schoolboy duals give you the opportunity to wrestle up to 15 or more matches in 4 days! It’s a great learning experience and a lot of fun. Please call me with any questions or interest, and I will be contacting many of you as well or talking with you at upcoming tournaments. If you know any other wrestlers born in 1996 or 1997 that are interested have them give me a call or e-mail as well. I will be at many of the upcoming tournaments and will see you there.

Good luck in all your wrestling, and let’s make the 2010 Kansas National Schoolboy team one of the best and make some noise this summer.

Team Contact Info:

Tom Williams ---wilgt@msn.com 913.485.8279
Charlie Knox ---- teamofhardknox@sbcglobal.net 316.806.6289
Nick Flyn ---- ndflynn@jacks.sdstate.edu 913.375.4746
Tyler Gonzales --- tdgonzales@scatest.fhsu.edu 785.250.7563

2010 Kansas National Schoolboy Team
Information Sheet
Wrestlers Name:
Wrestlers Birth Date:
USA Card#: Weight Class:
Parents Name:
Address: