Originally Posted By: badbo
I would propose an additional weighin before the placement rounds of all tournaments with an additional pound from the previous weighin. So one day tournaments would have a second weighin, and two day tournaments would have a 3rd. That way the placements rounds would be more representative of kids ability to compete fairly at the weight they are representing, rather than being 15 pounds or so over by the finals. There is a clear difference in the big cutters from Friday of a two day tournament to Saturday night. If we can't have matside weighins this would be a close second. It would eliminate the big cutters and make a fair playing field. And don't give me it would cause kids to starve longer speach. They would only do tha once, then they would realize they cannot cut that much and compete for a WHOLE tournament sucked down and they would move up. Food for thought. Blast away.

I think this would just make it harder for some kids. Yeah some kids are gonna so it one time and quit cuz it was really tough but there are thos hard nosed kids out there that are going to do it if it kills them and its going to end up with someone getting seriously hurt