Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sprawl National Results [Re: allaroundwrestli] #175965 12/06/10 08:49 PM
J
Jack Otero Offline
J
Originally Posted By: allaroundwrestli
If your thinkin name change, how about Kansas Kickoff Classic to kick off the Kansas season, one huge tourney with a national feel.

I like it!!!

To be the man, you got to beat the MAN!!
Re: Sprawl National Results [Re: Jack Otero] #175969 12/06/10 09:42 PM
B
bockman Offline
B
im not so sure that the productions can accept a loss 3 years in a row. i cant imagine them even breaking even. loved the venue and relaxed atomosphere. just hope it will continue and even if its not a national i still like the idea of the kansas kickoff classic.

Scott Bockover
Re: Sprawl National Results [Re: bubbasmom77] #176020 12/07/10 03:03 PM
C
Crash99 Offline
C
Originally Posted By: bubbasmom77
I support Kansas wrestling 150% so don't get on here crying and talking about supporting Kansas wrestling. If you guys really wanted to support Kansas wrestling you would have gone to Mulvane a Kansas club that had a tournament, not some tournament that isn't affiliated with a club, taking entries from a Kansas club. Jmo.

It was announced LAST YEAR the date for Sprawl. Now in saying that I know how difficult it can be to not "step on toes" when it comes to tourney dates. True this tournament isn't affiliated with any club, however, if it wasn't for the clubs that helped out with various things such as mats, volunteers, etc. there would be no tournament. This was opened up to any club who wanted to help out and the clubs that helped out were compensated in some monetary way either by actual money or comp'ed entries. From the beginning of this tournament last year I have been involved with this group trying to make this tournament the best thing in Kansas. In order for that to happen, we need the support of the Kansas clubs. Not only with the entries, but also with the volunteers and other various things that a tournament needs. Does Roller productions have a team of workers that only work tournaments? I don't think so, I believe that he works something out with the clubs of Oklahoma to get their help. Does USJOC have hired workers? No, they have a conglomeration of clubs that volunteer for the tournament.

The biggest obstacle we face in growing this thing to the size that it could be is our own state. I hate to say it, but our season is too long and it gets started way too late because of the length of the season. Most clubs we talked to didn't start practicing till around Thanksgiving or after so of course they aren't ready to hit a tournament with only a week of practice. If clubs started their practices earlier, this wouldn't be an issue. But I also see that the season can be really long if you start wrestling in October going through March.

As for the out of state entries. I was talking to one of the guys from Iowa who commented on the tournament and told us that they would definetly be back next year and that they would probably bring more kids from Iowa down in December.

Just my two cents.

Craig Gash

"Everything we do should be for the future of our children."
Re: Sprawl National Results [Re: CBR's Dad] #176553 12/13/10 06:13 PM
H
Higgins Offline
H
Iowa imterloper here & way late I know, plus I complimented this event on here already====I gotta tell the Kansas youth wrestling community that this was the best "National" out of approx 50 we have attended...I know the numbers were not there, & I am quite sure a number of Kansas studs were not there (80-90#s, age 12-14)but the no coaches fee, no admission, beautiful arena, perfect music volume, the attempt to "announce," combined to make the venue the best.....then the Kansas folks just were so friendly & welcomed us as Iowans & the wrestlers were nice to my son ...even the beating a Kansas kid gave my son was followed with compliments & wrestling talk---Absolutely the most enjoyment we have ever had at a multi-state event...hats off to Sprawl(future name) & Kansas wrestling folks---committed come back

Re: Sprawl National Results [Re: Higgins] #176561 12/13/10 08:11 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Witht he way the state is, wrestling is very hard to start much before thanksgiving.

We had our last youth football game on Halloween. That was just because we didn't do any post season bowls like years past.

I have always thought kids needs a week or two to be a kid.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 198 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)