Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
We had a problem with numbers in these 2 divisions last year - 6 & under and 14 & under.

The open 6 & under had only 33 sign up - very tough time making any brackets where kids could wrestle different kids, We had 128 6 & under novice signups.

Same problem in the 14 & under division we had 40 novice signups and 80 open signups. Can't make everybody happy.

33 and 40 kids in an age group you can not make enough pairings with the available weights.

Anyway - we had complaints both ways not enough kids in a bracket and also we had complaints that so and so is 3rd year.

JC Classic 2010 - Last year

6 & U 33 - Open sign ups (20.5%)
6 & U 128 - Novice sign ups (79.5%)
14 & U 80 - Open sign ups (66.7%)
14 & U 40 - Novice sign ups (33.3%)

It would be nice if the weekend started on Friday. I doubt if Novice tournaments will be moved to another day - at least for now.

Do respect in reference to the JC classic I will never ever ever go to it again. Unless they change the open and novice on same day. Its to crowded and takes forever. I understand the reasoning for doing it that way. So they can make more etc.. This is really disappointing to me cause it is always well ran and good competetion and its real close to home. Its just incredibly crowded. And not to be judgmentel but if you looking for the novice parents Their the ones in the lawn chairs on the floors next to mat surfaces. LOL

Jon Trowbridge
Ive never had the fear of getting beat thats how most people lose.