I was reading earlier this evening about the Reconstruction era (time after the civil war), and I came across the term red shirts. The red shirts were groups of people who used force to to scare white and blacks. Their purpose was to scare people from voting republican and to weaken the progression of the Black (African American) vote and civil rights. The red shirts worked inconjunction w/ the white-league and Kl-Klux-Klan.

I don't know the intent of the label "Red shirt" in college athletics, but I know that red shirt stood for segregation in the past. Now it's a play on words, knowledge (semantics). Should I be offended? Yes, I am. Red shirt - segregation of available active athletes from the inactive athletes.

How do you feel? It's a shame.

What's even worse is that some Black (African American) people were part of the red shirt movement in exchange for a high profile position......These people are called Clearence Thomas, Sell-Outs ect..... This goes to show, there are self promoting people in every race. We ALL love and hate. The biggest starter of hate is IGNORANCE.

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.....Be thankful and humble.