Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: Lucas Baker] #181392 02/08/11 02:32 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
your crazier than i thought i need to add to the list.

I bet yr scared of fluoride and worry about the Chemical Trails the Airplanes leave. And you have already booked your trip to the Himalayans just in case those Indians are right.

Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: Lucas Baker] #181396 02/08/11 03:20 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
lucas, the mayans are right. just wait you will see.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: Lucas Baker] #181397 02/08/11 03:30 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Lucas Baker
Ask the mods to check ip address i live in Denver it should be easy.

Do you think the ability to disguise the IP addy of a sock will protect you?

Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: sportsfan02] #181399 02/08/11 04:17 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
watch your toothpaste it could be brain washing you.

Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: Lucas Baker] #181418 02/08/11 06:41 PM
Beeson Offline
I have posted on the other forum so we do not Hi-Jack this thread. It was a pretty good thread until Lucas woke up.

Last edited by Beeson; 02/08/11 10:40 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: badbo] #181474 02/09/11 03:45 AM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X

Fact is 5a and 6a should be combined for a state tourny.

This is a totally antiquated idea and my opinion is that anyone that still promotes this is either ignorant or in denial or both.
If you just look at the rankings, results, etc. you will see that this is really kind of a r tarded statement.

Fact is 5a and 6a should be combined for a state tourny. If the small schools have a 16 man bracket to get to state then the large schools should too. This would of prevented Ark City from winning 13 in a row. Cuz its a lot easier to be the best if you are only competing against Half the competition. And dont throw in that top ten crap because you only have half the teams in 5a.

Ok, this is not only a totally r tarded statement, it is sacrilege. How dare you some nobody desecrate the time honored name and tradition of Ark City Wrestling. Those teams just flat out had the baddest dudes around and Wayne Jackson was/is the man. And they didn't win 13 in a row Mr. Smarty Pants, they won 11, sorry, no disrespect to the great Ark City heritage for bringing that to light.

Lets Break this down even further so you cant even respond. 8 man 5a 6a bracket to get to state. Lets say a kid goes out and gets stuck in a bad call his first match. 8 man bracket no big deal win your next two matches you going to state. He would of had only 3 matches to get to state.

Now lets look at it in the harder 4a 3a class that has a 16 man bracket. Same thing lets say a kid gets stuck first match. He now has to win 4 in a row to go to state. 5 more matches just to place third. He would of wrestled 5 times to go to state.

Ok, not sure what the H your point is here. Is this supposed to prove something. It's quality that counts, not quantity. I would much rather go through 4 not so good kids that I could definitely beat to get to state than just two studs that I might not. Not saying that is the case always but sometimes it is.

COMBINE 5a and 6a So these Big school guys are on a even playing field. Its so simple 64 schools in 4a 64 schools in 3a why does 5a and 6a wrestling only have 32 schools apiece.

Level playing field? Are you nuts? Its pretty dang level right now. If anything, 3/2/1A wrestlers have a distinct advantage. One must only look at Chief's rankings to see this and refer to Badbo's comment.

Originally Posted By: badbo
If you are talking about qualifying you may be right, but if you are talking about winning or placing very high...You combine 5a and 6a and you have approx. 60% of the All-Class ranked kids in one class. Simple math then tells you that leaves only 40% of the top kids to be spread over 4a and 3/2/1a.

I would be fine with only 2 or 3 state tournaments, but only if you reclass ALL the schools. Not just group 5a and 6a.

Bottom line their will be some 5a and 6a kids that will get to state that are not as good as some 4a kids, but when it comes to placing those kids are gone.

Finally a voice of reason.

Why does this stupid concept of combining 5A and 6A have to come up every year? Every year it comes up and every year I or someone like Badbo points out the obvious and it is if all the out of touch 4A and 3/2/1A proponents can't get it. Talk about "simple". How could something so simple be so difficult for some people to grasp. I will tell you how, they are in denial. If we discuss this now, will we not have to discuss it after state like usual every year? Probably not. It will come up then too and I will be ready.

If you combine 5A and 6A as many want, you would have 6 of the top ten teams in the state in this new 5/6A. 4A would have 3 of the top ten teams in the state and 3/2/1A would have 1, Norton, and that is it. Along with that would be those 60% wrestlers Badbo spoke of with 10% in 3A and 30% in 4A. Now how would that be fair? How would that be a level playing field?

I would be fine with combining 5A and 6A but only if you combined 4A and 3/2/1A. The only other fair thing to do would be to have one Class. Is that what you and others would want? I wouldn't want that but it would certainly produce that "level" playing field you are looking for and would certainly be better than combining 6A and 5A and leaving 4A and 3/2/1A as is.

Now as for the toughest regional, Ark City definitely has the toughest 5A but not necessarily the toughest overall. I remember when I coached at Goddard and when they were in 5A, one year the top five teams at the Ark City regional, Ark City, Goddard, Kapaun, Carroll and Valley Center finished top 5 at state. That's a beast regional. There were kids good enough to place at state and they couldn't even get there. The Wichita Campus 6A regional has 5 of the top ten teams in the state in Goddard, Garden City, Hutch, Maize and Dodge City. In the past, this regional also has had kids good enough to place at state but they couldn't even get there either. I am sure there is at least one 4A regional that could make similar valid boasts.

Oh, and sorry to perpetuate the "hijacking" of this thread but this is where the crap was brought up and I didn't feel like I should have to put it on the Ark City Old Timer thread just to cease with the "hijacking". However if this discussion continues I will just start a new subject that will really just be this subject but on a different thread.

Now good day to all and best wishes to all wrestlers preparing for regionals.

Last edited by XGHSWC; 02/09/11 03:54 AM.
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: XGHSWC] #181479 02/09/11 04:57 AM
Cokeley Offline
I think .... is Les Miller! smile

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: XGHSWC] #181481 02/09/11 05:02 AM
Lucas Baker Offline
Last year in 5a there was a kid in state with a 0-5 record. you could not even fill a 8 man roster at regs. please show me a losing record in 3a or 4a cuz im going to show you 10.

please tell me who makes these rankings until there is a grand sate
there is no way of knowing who the best is.

last year you idiots made a list and left off a kid from 3a that was never beaten by another kansas kid in high school. Your grand state rankings are bS.

Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: Coach Buck] #181482 02/09/11 05:12 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Coach Buckbee
Ark City High School has The Wayne Jackson Dual Tournament December 3, 2011. We would love to see any and all of the above teams sign a contract and come down. We are also working on a couple of schools from Oklahoma. Call the Athletic Department at Ark City High School if interested.

I think this post got lost in the Great Lucas Baker Tirade. Everybody sign up...send your best team...and lets see who is on top when the dust settles. Not only best in 6A, 5A, The Dreaded 4A, or 321A...But THE BEST PERIOD. Instead of talking and debating, lets get on the mat and find out.

Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: Beeson] #181491 02/09/11 02:00 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
Tirade????? XGH wrote a damn Book his comments were so Crazy no one bothered to acknowledge he even wrote it. If 123a has 64 school and 4a has 64 schools. It only make since that 5a at 32 schools and 6a at 32 schools should combine. I dont care about you ranked kids

Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: Lucas Baker] #181495 02/09/11 02:08 PM
Beeson Offline
XGH's comments made so much sense that they couldn't be argued. That is why there were no comments...except for your well thought out response. whistle

Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: Lucas Baker] #181537 02/09/11 06:59 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Last year in 5a there was a kid in state with a 0-5 record. you could not even fill a 8 man roster at regs. please show me a losing record in 3a or 4a cuz im going to show you 10.

please tell me who makes these rankings until there is a grand sate
there is no way of knowing who the best is.

last year you idiots made a list and left off a kid from 3a that was never beaten by another kansas kid in high school. Your grand state rankings are bS.

Wow, did I just read what I think I just read. I am not sure. Its like I just got transported to another dimension where the Laws of Physics and Nature as we know them do not apply.

I really should not even respond because if "you" as in Lucas didn't get that, you probably won't get anything else. It's as if you didn't even read anything I wrote. It's as if you just knew it was contrary to your concept of combining 5A and 6A so it must be "crazy", how typical. But don't feel bad Lucas because you are obviously not alone.

I knew it would come up though, it always does, the infamous "losing record" thing. I explained that last year after state as well and will probably have to do it again this year because its obvious that there are people in denial about that, or they are just ignorant of the facts or they just want to continue to stir.

The losing records thing is a seperate issue and is the product of the totally unfair regional alignments that the association sets up. The KSHSAA wants all areas of the state represented (particulary their neck of the woods, Topeka/KC area) so they don't balance the regionals and kids always go to state that shouldn't and some don't go that should. Anyway, the regional imbalance is particularly prevalent in 5A and 6A because an overwhelming majority of the good teams and good kids are in the greater Wichita and surrounding area. There are always therefore 2 really strong regionals and 2 really weak regionals in 6A. The same can be said for 5A although the 2 "weaker" regionals are not quite as weak as in 6A. In 6A it is a huge problem because the two "weak" regionals are made up of 4 very large school districts with multiple high schools that just aren't really that good at wrestling. I mean no disrespect to them, it just is what it is. But if the "best" teams were spread over the 4 regionals, you would not have those losing records. You have them in football and other sports as well. They are "regionals" though aren't they.

Take this year. The 6A Regionals are Wichita Campus (5 of the top 10 teams in the state), Wichita East (4 of the top 10), Olathe NW (1 of the top 10) and Blue Valley West (0). So in 6A, you have 2 regionals with 9 of the top 10 teams and 2 regionals with 1 of the top 10. Can you not see the problem right there. Along with this team imbalance is an individual imbalance and that is what produces the losing records. There will not only be kids with losing records, there will be regional champions that won't even place, refer back to Badbo comments. That's the problem that should be addressed, regional alignment, not reclassification. There will be good kids that could place at state in any class and they won't even get there. My son goes to the Wichita regional that usually has the "5 out of top 10". Two years ago, all 8 kids in his bracket had 20 plus wins and none had losing records and that was at 103. That means 4 kids, just at one weight, with 20 plus wins didn't even get to go to state and some kid with a losing record from one of the weak regionals did. One kid in my son's bracket ranked 5th in the state didn't even get to go to state because the other 4 ranked kids were there too. Last year at 119 same scenario, and one kid that had already beaten a kid that placed had to watch from the stands at state while the kid he beat medaled. Go try to explain to those kids and their parents that the kid is a dang good wresler, good enough to place at state but doesn't get to go, but that 5A and 6A should still be combined. They will think you are nuts. The same could be said for 5A, but they are "Regionals" aren't they.

As for the rankings Lucas, they are not "Grand State" Rankings, they are "Big Chief's" Rankings. I know it has already been stated more than once how the rankings are developed. They are not just some haphazard, totally random, guesstimation as you make it to be. They are very accurate predictions based on evidence and fact derived from body of work results. They are very accurate, you just need to get over that. If you do not think they are valid enough, make your own. I would love to see what you come up with. I would bet that if you put much time and thought into it at all, they will be very similar. I am not sure why you refer to the rankings as BS from "you idiots". We were talking about reclassification and you took it to the rankings are bunk, BS from "you idiots". It sounds like something that a little kid would say when he doesn't know of anything intelligent to say in his defense. I hate to ever be derogatory because it is not my nature Lucas but you have been very disrespectful with your comments. It sounds like you need a hug Lucas. Maybe Beeson would give you a hug instead of an ass whipping if you ask nicely.

But best wishes either way to you Lucas and a good day to all.

Last edited by XGHSWC; 02/09/11 07:04 PM.
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: smokeycabin] #181647 02/10/11 06:39 PM
joseph Offline
Augusta has beaten Andale and KMC this year. Why aren't they on this list?

I <3 JESUS!
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: joseph] #181659 02/10/11 07:32 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline OP
OP Offline
S
On the list now.

Abilene 12
Andale 2.5
Andover Central 5
Ark City 8
Augusta 2
Clay Center 3
Colby 15
Derby 7
Emporia 9
Gardner/Edgerton 10
Garden City 17
Goodard 6
Goodland 14
Hoxie 16
Kapaun MC 13
Lansing 11
Norton 4
Rossville 19
Shawnee Heights 18
Wichita Heights 1

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/11/11 09:59 AM.
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: smokeycabin] #181673 02/10/11 09:10 PM
Beeson Offline
Goddard, Derby, and Ark City are on the list for the Wayne Jackson Duals. Reserve your spot today. wink

Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: XGHSWC] #181677 02/10/11 09:59 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: XGHSWC

Why does this stupid concept of combining 5A and 6A have to come up every year?

The reason this comes up every year is the "pussification" of our youth (as much as i hate to quote cokeley). it's hard form me to believe that the great Lucas B Baker is one of these people who fall into the bleeding heart category, and want everything "equal" and "fair" for KS athletes.

every year this comes up, every year someone is all upset because they had it rough, or think someone else had it easier. every year someone get envious of what someone else has accomplished and takes a shot at them, by making excuses for their own short comings. the bad thing is that now-a-days society usually sides with the "sallys" and tries to rearrange everything so it is "fair" and "even".

here's the deal, i pulled this from my kid's pre-school (so it's easy for ALL to understand), "you get what, you get, and you don't throw a fit"

i do have a question, not trying to be a jerk, but i thought lucas wrestled at Abilene, then played football at Salina Central. I think memory has it he was 4th at state, maybe 3ed, and on a state championship team in football. Following the thought process, why not stay at SC and win a wrestling state title too???

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Dual Team Rankings 2010/11 [Re: HEADUP] #181931 02/13/11 11:38 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Not sure who has all dualed each other here. But it could effect some dual rankings.

TEAM SCORES

Shawnee Heights 181,
Manhattan 179.5,
Seaman 162.5,
Junction City 153,
Emporia 142.5,
Washburn Rural 101,
Topeka High 77,
Hayden 28.5,
Highland Park 24.

INDIVIDUAL RESULTS

Championship finals

103 — Perez, JC, maj. dec. Freislinger, WR, 9-0;
112 — Williams, TH, dec. Ruiz, JC, 7-6;
119 — Norris, Man, dec. Dakin, Emp, 5-1;
125 — Millsap, JC, dec. Carlson, Emp, 6-1;
130 — Kmiec, SH, dec. Unruh, Man, 6-3;
135 — Charbonneau, Emp, maj. dec. Hilgers, Man, 9-1;
140 — Schreiner, Sea, winner by 22-7 tech fall over Davis, Man;
145 — Guillen, Sea, dec. Torres, Emp, 6-2;
152 — Kadous, Sea, dec. Fritz, SH, 7-4;
160 — Euring, JC, dec. Shipley, WR, 13-7;
171 — Meck, SH, dec. Ogden, Sea, 13-10;
189 — Lockhart, SH, dec. Suggs, Man, 6-3;
215 — DAngelo, Emp, dec. Flanagan, SH, 4-1;
285 — Geary, TH, dec. Holly, SH, 9-3.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 157 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)