Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: powercat1] #183008 02/18/11 08:13 PM
J
Jeff Smith Offline
J
I’m confused by the statements that just because they have a USA Wrestling card they should be able to wrestle in our state qualifiers and state. The USA Wrestling card is a “USA” wrestling card not only good in KS but in all states that belong to USA Wrestling. These cards are a requirement for you to participate in any sanctioned tournament throughout the year in KS but does not entitle you to participate in the qualifying tournaments. We have kids from all over the country that come to KS to wrestle throughout the year and each of them buys a “USA” Wrestling card. I hope your aren’t advocating that these kids are entitled to participate as well. Bottom line, the issuance of the card is a mute point. If the state powers to be told this club and out of state kids that they would be allowed to participate then that is a separate matter.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: jule] #183012 02/18/11 08:22 PM
T
Tom Richard Offline
T
We tried to get this issue resolved at the State body meeting. We tried to change our bi-laws to only allow Kansas wrestlers, the State body voted that down. The State body decided to leave it in the hands of the Executive board each year. This means that in January if we receive the request we must vote on whether to allow out of State wrestlers. The consensus was if we allow wrestlers from Oklahoma, we would need to allow Missouri and Nebraska. The best way to handle this is in October at the board meeting. Blame the board if you like, the State body had the opportunity to deal with this issue.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: jule] #183013 02/18/11 08:22 PM
T
Tom Richard Offline
T
We tried to get this issue resolved at the State body meeting. We tried to change our bi-laws to only allow Kansas wrestlers, the State body voted that down. The State body decided to leave it in the hands of the Executive board each year. This means that in January if we receive the request we must vote on whether to allow out of State wrestlers. The consensus was if we allow wrestlers from Oklahoma, we would need to allow Missouri and Nebraska. The best way to handle this is in October at the board meeting. Blame the board if you like, the State body had the opportunity to deal with this issue.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: powercat1] #183014 02/18/11 08:24 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
When you got your cards in October did someone tell you that your situation would be reviewed in January and that there would be a chance you wouldn't get to go to State? Did they give you the cards on the grounds that you had a chance of getting to go to State after the review in January?
I'm not taking sides but I would like to know both sides.

Mark Butcher

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183017 02/18/11 08:42 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: MarkButcher
When you got your cards in October did someone tell you that your situation would be reviewed in January and that there would be a chance you wouldn't get to go to State? Did they give you the cards on the grounds that you had a chance of getting to go to State after the review in January?
I'm not taking sides but I would like to know both sides.

Mark Butcher
While I cannot speak to what may or may not have been said by the Hugoton club to these Oklahoma wrestler's and their parents I can tell you in Oklahoma they take Kansas wrestling money in October and November and the Oklahoma Kids State Championship is only open to Oklahoma residents.

Our championship is the USAW "KANSAS" Kids State Championship, not the Kan-Okla Championship.

If these wrestlers were misinformed back in October by the Hugoton Club, the problem lies with the Hugoton Club.

As I recall, three years ago the Hugoton Club requested an Oklahoma wrestler be allowed to participate in the Championship Series and was denied. My recollection is that last year was the first season in which the Oklahoma wrestler's petition to participate in the Championship Series was approved, by a very slim margin at the Executive Council meeting. This year, Districts 1, 2 and 3 voted unanimously to not allow out of state wrestlers to participate.

Our bylaws are very clear on the requirements to participate in the State Championship Series and I believe the Oklahoma families were well aware of the requirements, they were well aware the Executive Council meeting was to be held in January, and the Oklahoma families failed to check on their status to wrestle in the Oklahoma State Championship Series.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: powercat1] #183019 02/18/11 08:55 PM
S
shwrestlingmom Offline
S
So with this coming out last week I had posted a question on the forum about wrestling cards. I have a group of boys that I took to a preseason tournament in MO. Our club was not available to buy cards from so we purchased them at the tournament in MO. When the HS season is over some of them plan to westle for the kids club in our area and qualify for Ks state tournament. Will we have to buy new cards in KS?

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: shwrestlingmom] #183024 02/18/11 09:06 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
Thanks Richard. That makes alot more since.

Mark Butcher

Last edited by MarkButcher; 02/18/11 09:06 PM.
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: shwrestlingmom] #183025 02/18/11 09:05 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: shwrestlingmom
So with this coming out last week I had posted a question on the forum about wrestling cards. I have a group of boys that I took to a preseason tournament in MO. Our club was not available to buy cards from so we purchased them at the tournament in MO. When the HS season is over some of them plan to westle for the kids club in our area and qualify for Ks state tournament. Will we have to buy new cards in KS?
Providing your cards were purchased for the current wrestling season (2010-2011), they are good for the USAW Kansas Kids State Championship Series.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: powercat1] #183047 02/18/11 11:57 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
I am originally from southwest ks and we all know how hard it is to get numbers in our clubs down there, and now we have some wrestlers willing to travel to support our small ks clubs and now we shoot them down like this. This will eventually start hurting our tournament numbers in our small southwest ks clubs as this word gets out the northern Oklahoma and eastern Colorado teams may start going elsewhere and that will hurt numbers for our clubs.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: L.Geyer] #183061 02/19/11 01:32 AM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
We spend a lot of money at tournaments in Oklahoma every year knowing that we can't participate in the Oklahoma State tournament. Colarado and Oklahoma kids were all over the brackets in the Maize tournament. Nothing is ever going to change because of 8 (OUT OF STATE) kids that didn't get to wrestle in a (KANSAS) tournament.
Rules are rules! If the guys behind the desks decide to let the boys wrestle then so be it. They made a decision so deal with it and go on.

Mark Butcher

Last edited by MarkButcher; 02/19/11 01:33 AM.
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183062 02/19/11 01:34 AM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
I like rules. Rules keep people safe from people like me. LOL

Mark Butcher

Last edited by MarkButcher; 02/19/11 01:34 AM.
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183065 02/19/11 01:46 AM
R
R. Scott Edwards Offline
R
The kids from Oklahoma have been participating in our State Series since the 09 qualifiers, and every year since.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: R. Scott Edwards] #183067 02/19/11 01:52 AM
G
goat10 Offline
G
"it's a rule not to feed your child their pet!"

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: goat10] #183068 02/19/11 01:56 AM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
baaaaah!

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: R. Scott Edwards] #183072 02/19/11 02:02 AM
nix Offline
as i am all for letting any kid from other states enter ks tournaments, I am 100% against letting them wrestle in our state series.

where do you draw the line, you let one or two in next your going to have colorado, oklahoma and missouri state champs competing against our kansas kids in the kansas state tournament.
we already have that it's called a national event.

you really can't allow 1 out of state kid in then tell another one no. jmo

so lets keep it very simple, yes out of state kids are more than welcome to enter tournaments in the state of kansas, but no you will not be allowed to wrestle in our state tournament this tournament is for kansas kids only.

Last edited by nix; 02/19/11 02:06 AM.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183073 02/19/11 02:05 AM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
YES!!
WELL SAID!

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183075 02/19/11 02:07 AM
G
goat10 Offline
G
Do you like pork chops????

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: goat10] #183077 02/19/11 02:08 AM
in it to win it Offline
Very well stated Nix.

In it to win it.
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: goat10] #183079 02/19/11 02:17 AM
nix Offline
Originally Posted By: goat10
"it's a rule not to feed your child their pet!"

there is not no rule stateing that! when the pet goes there is still good meat on that animal.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183124 02/19/11 05:09 AM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
The final decision should have been made in October!!! Before they bought their cards. Its 8 kids, a unique situation. Are we scared!!! Let them wrestle in KS.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 253 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)