Originally Posted By: Svo69
It strikes me that a couple of perceived benefits in having one-weight at a time in the semi-final matches are that the wrestlers get a little better opportunity to serve as the focus of fan attention during their particular match, rewarding them for their hard efforts in competing for a chance at a coveted state title; and that the fans can better direct their attention towards a particular match, instead of dividing their attention over several interesting matches.

From my own selfish perspective, I enjoyed the one-weight, at at time method - conceding that it certainly took considerably more time.

I actually like the one weight at a time also. It added to the importance of each match. Procedurally, I would like to see the finals start at a different weight. Almost always the heavy guys wrestle to a mostly empty arena. Also, in regard to the current match time rules, I have always thought that all the medal round matches should be 2-2-2. The 1 minute first period is not adequate for an important placing match. Are we really in that much of a hurry to go home and sit down?

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12