I am starting to receive more college confirmations on 2011 seniors. I will be entering more over the next several days. I need to spread the announcements out a little for myself and also I think it helps to feature each wrestler better.

The next wrestler that I want to feature is Dylan Penka of Kapuan Mt. Carmel HS. Dylan was the 5A 171 State Champion this year with a 38-1 record and shares the Chief Renegade current #2 All Class Ranking with Taylor Baird of Pratt HS. I am currently researching more information on Dylan's accomplishments from his 2008, 2009 and 2010 and will include that as soon as I get that information. Dylan Penka will be wrestling next year at South Dakota State Universtiy.

Dylan Penka, congratulations and good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at South Dakota State University.

Reported by posters to be wrestling next year at:

Tyler Baughman of Lansing HS---Briarcliff University Sioux City, IA
Spenser Blew of Lansing HS---Air Force Academy
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Taylor Moeder of St. James Academy---Old Dominion University
Dylan Penka of Kapaun Mt. Carmel---South Dakota State University
----------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Derique Carey of Lansing HS---Football at Fort Scott Community College

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Last edited by Husker Fan; 03/11/11 01:35 AM. Reason: Additions of Spenser Blew, Tyler Baughman and Derique Carey

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions