Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: ReDPloyd] #187233 03/20/11 07:48 PM
Pelland Offline
Were other District tournamnet directors given a list of proceedures to follow prior to setting up their tournament? I wasn't!!!!! The only thing the state sent me was from Mr. Lund regarding TW info..user id/password stuff.

With that said, I'm going to attach an e-mail sent to me from Scott Edwards. I received this e-mail 1 week prior to the District tournament only because I was trying to close weigh-ins at 7 because of the Senior Dual. Notice the wording in the sentence regarding weigh in times....it clearly tells directors to be flexible.

Sun, March 13, 2011 9:41:26 PMFw: Qualifying Tournament Guidelines for Review
To: Greg Pelland <prattwrestlingclub@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: Tuff Hermreck <hermreck@skw-inc.com>; RichardDSalyer@sbcglobal.net; Lance Engel <lanceengel@gmail.com>; Steve Woody <stripes@ruraltel.net>
Cc: Leanna Buckley <LLB@woodsanddurham.com>; Jim Lund <jlund@kansas.net>; Mark Stanley <mstanley@haydentower.com>; Scott Edwards <scotte2987@yahoo.com>; "Treaster, Matt (USAKS)" <Matt.Treaster@usdoj.gov>
Sent: Mon, February 14, 2011 8:50:30 PM
Subject: Qualifying Tournament Guidelines for Review

District Directors,

Listed below are the guidelines discussed at the last meeting. Please review and let me know if I have missed anything or misstated something. I want to get the tournaments set up so let me know your thoughts soon.

Tom

Districts are required to seed top 4 wrestlers.

Byes are to be awarded to top seeded wrestlers.

Separation of wrestlers by club for kids not seeded is suggested!

In the event a seeded wrestler drops out the other wrestlers are not reseeded. It stays the same.

Sub District and District weigh in on Friday night will be 6-8. Sat 6-7. Remember the board indicated we need to be flexible!

Actual weights are required to be entered into Track Wrestling. Actual weights will be posted for all to see.

Rating system for all 8 Sub Districts will be A,B,C, or D.

Full 8 man brackets are desired at districts. Districts may take more than 4 for either of their Sub Districts.

mat side scoring is optional for the districts.

Sub District Entries by 3-2-11 at 10:00 pm.

Sub District Entries to be released 3-2-11 at midnight.

Sub District Brackets to be released 3-6-11 at 8:00 pm.

All release dates to be the same. Set up by Jim Lund.

All Sub District and District tournaments will begin at 9:00 am.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I don't think Pratt did anything wrong regarding weigh-in times.....unless the definition of flexable has changed. If the state wanted all State Series tournaments to be identical, all tournament directors should have been notified, and quite frankly all the tournament flyers should have been done by the state.........

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Pelland] #187236 03/20/11 08:37 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Greg:

The issue with flexibility has to deal with a wrestler who experiences a minor emergency on their way to weigh-in and telephones the tournament director in advance to advise of the circumstances.

Your situation was entirely different and had to do with convenience rather than flexibility.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Pelland] #187237 03/20/11 08:41 PM
S
Spexy Offline
S
Wouldn't say WRONG..But..A 7 hr window is a little extreme..Kids are growing this time of year..having to wait to eat till 7:00pm is rough...D4 kids didn't have that problem. weigh in...go eat..the rest of us had to wait till 6:00....no matter what the argument is , kids are trying to make the weight they entered at..yes they ALL HAVE to hold it for state...but...4:00 is better than 7:00 if your close.

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Pelland] #187238 03/20/11 08:42 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Pelland
Again, I don't think Pratt did anything wrong regarding weigh-in times.....unless the definition of flexable has changed. If the state wanted all State Series tournaments to be identical, all tournament directors should have been notified, and quite frankly all the tournament flyers should have been done by the state.........
Did you consult with your District Director regarding the weigh-in time?

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #187239 03/20/11 09:20 PM
J
jule Offline
J
Why don't you all just say it doesn't matter what D4 does for the kids and their parents it will be wrong. If D4 said the sky was blue I am sure someone would argue that point. Please it is done and over with move on to something else. Leave Pratt alone they did an awesome job. I am sure every district has things that they do that the rest of us may not like. So as the old saying goes people in glasses should not throw stones!!!!!!!

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187241 03/20/11 09:42 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: nix
all i am saying if for the future. districts should be allowed to decide there own weigh in times,

You got that right! If the executive council wants to make all these rules requiring each district to do things exactly the same, then the state should take over the subs and district tournaments completely.
Frankly, I don't care if the other districts don't hold weigh-ins at all. But, I do care when we hit Topeka, because that impacts the wrestlers in D2.
Folks if it doesn't put your competition (see other districts) at a disadvantage then each district should be allowed to run their tournaments as they see fit!

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: sportsfan02] #187242 03/20/11 10:10 PM
S
Schooler Offline
S
Greg, I would like to thank you and your crew for the great job you did this weekend.

Jeremy Schooler
Great Bend Wrestling.

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: jule] #187247 03/20/11 11:47 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: jule
If D4 said the sky was blue I am sure someone would argue that point.

dang greener grass and blue skies, i would move to d4 if you all didn't tell me the drive sucks so bad.

yes mark, my posts here are meant to be satirical, and also to make people look at things a little differently.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Schooler] #187252 03/21/11 12:19 AM
Hossus Offline
I am astonished and find it interesting that even though it has now been made clear that there is and was a problem with the weigh-ins at Pratt. Nobody wants to take it upon themselves to hold blame. Instead, everyone is trying to blame someone else or support the wrong doing to validate it. This even though there will apparently be no consequences to anyone in Dist 4. I think it's that mentality which gets people in other Districts a little bent. The sheer audacity of people. Would it hurt to say "Oops, we goofed" but no right away everyone is "Oh that shouldn't apply to us, we are different" or "lets talk about something else". To me it appears that Dist 4 challenges the letter of the rule and the USAWKS body pretty frequently but never gets punished. They are not being held to the same standard as the other Districts. I don't know if they feel sorry for you or feel threatened? Either way you guys pull off a lot of stuff the rest of us don't get to.

It is a good thing the state committee is level headed and understanding and not HA's about this. It could be like in some other sports (kids or otherwise) where if you don't follow the rules to the letter you get DQ'd period, because that is the real world. Somebody earlier made the quote, "There are no excuses in wrestling". Many other sports have a zero tolerance towards groups/people who go their own way. I wouldn't agree with the DQ thing simply because the adults are at fault. However, it is likely within the State Committee power to do so. My question would be why push your luck?

Jule, the fact remains, this issue and several others during this series all originate primarily out of Dist 4 and it will all be basically swept away as "failure to communicate". Everything that is except the out of state issue which had to be resolved in court. You see a pattern here?

Fortune assists the daring.
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Hossus] #187257 03/21/11 12:51 AM
nix Offline
hossus for someone so heck bent on following rules to a t, forum rules state that if you are going to call out a club you need to sign your name to your post so you would not be a rule breaker now would you.

maybe your last name is hossus then i guess i would be wrong again.

Last edited by S Biddle; 03/21/11 02:05 AM.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187264 03/21/11 01:32 AM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
Isn't this a D4 issue, and really no one elses business??? I believe in local control. Who cares!!!

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: John Johnson] #187266 03/21/11 01:51 AM
S
S Biddle Offline
S
John, the only issue I have with it is that every District was suppose to do the same thing.

Scott Biddle
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187267 03/21/11 01:57 AM
Hossus Offline
Nix,

Still looking for a way to dodge the issue? It's easier to attack me than to look inward isn't it. Reread what I wrote above about taking responsibility. Nice try, if the moderators ask me to change my moniker I will or I'll change mine when Headup, Jule, Sportfan02 and others do since they have attacked me repeatedly and personally. Fair is fair. You want to know who I am show me a little respect first or PM me. Hard to believe everyone got worked up over little ol' me when there are larger issues at stake. Blatent mentality at it's best. If you don't like what your hearing find a way to shut them up. That worked real well in Europe 60 odd years ago. Burned books and everything to keep people quiet.

I never attacked a club? I brought up facts about an event held in Pratt. Slight difference there for the uninitiated or grammatically impaired. I got nothing but good things to say about the Club in Pratt as I said before. If they weren't an hour away one way we'd practice there once in awhile. 40 minutes driving 3 times a week is enough for us.

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Hossus] #187268 03/21/11 02:06 AM
nix Offline
hossus, who you are is not the issue, the issue here is you pretty much did call out d4 for breaking the rules, and you yourself are breaking the rules on here by posting your name.

you think it is ok because others do not post there names, you really can't complain about others breaking rules when you yourself break rules as well. nevermind i guess you did.

and this is not personal either but when someone breaks the rules and complains about others breaking rules well just don't seem right

why should they ask you to change your moniker it states in black and white to post your name. rules are rules

Last edited by nix; 03/21/11 02:08 AM.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187271 03/21/11 02:23 AM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
My son made weight, that is all I cared about.

I understand the need for consistency.

One of these thing don't belong....

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187272 03/21/11 02:25 AM
Hossus Offline
So which is it a club or a District? Your reaching here. Like I said when others do I will. I haven't violated anything, but I might in the future. OK forum makes everyone sign up and you can't hide anymore. I like that, but until we are made to do that here, it isn't a violation to present facts. It's when you name someone specifically or call out a club specifically that you run that risk. I haven't been doing that, I've been say things like people, others or someone. If the moderators thought I was out of line they would have said so by now don't you think? I won't be bullied, just for your benefit.

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Hossus] #187274 03/21/11 02:35 AM
nix Offline
Originally Posted By: Hossus
This is another example of Dist 4 doing what they want and everyone else is powerless to do anything about it.

this is pretty much talking trash on d4 is there any other way of taking it there is no reaching here it is a fact, make a comment about a district or club or person without posting your name is clear violation of forum rules, now you broke the rules now you want to complain about someone else not following rules. and then you justify breaking the rules because others broke the rules.

old saying here 2 wrongs don't make a right.

don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

if you believe in second chances then parachuting is not your sport.

and trust me i mean no disrespect to you at all, i respect your opinion's just don't aggree with them i am just pointing out some issues as well as you are doing.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: Hossus] #187275 03/21/11 02:42 AM
nix Offline
Originally Posted By: Hossus
Rule breakers are all the same, it's always someone else's fault or doesn't apply to them.

your words, guess forum rules don't apply to you, or is it everyones else fault for not posting there names

Last edited by nix; 03/21/11 02:44 AM.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: nix] #187276 03/21/11 02:45 AM
C
Cowbuff Offline
C
find something else to cry about

Re: Weigh-in times for the 4 Districts not the same!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #187277 03/21/11 02:48 AM
Pelland Offline
Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Greg:

The issue with flexibility has to deal with a wrestler who experiences a minor emergency on their way to weigh-in and telephones the tournament director in advance to advise of the circumstances.

Your situation was entirely different and had to do with convenience rather than flexibility.

I can't read between the lines. Why was I not given any details on anything regarding rules and regulations.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 214 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)