Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: smokeycabin] #187449 03/23/11 10:54 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
Keep up the good work Vince.

Thank you, Sean. I am just very happy to find out that next year Kansas high school seniors class of 2012 will have the opportunity to choose Benedictine College of Atchison Kansas for wrestling! Great, great news. We have some exciting things happening with Bethany and Benedictine adding programs and the possibility of starting a Kansas College Wrestling Endowment fund to help all the Kansas colleges and universities with wrestling programs grow.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #187451 03/23/11 12:41 PM
Enetophobic Offline
Butler sure gets a ton of wrestling talent. Just imagine if they had wrestling!?! If I am not mistaken isn't one of the football coaches a former poster on these forums?

Enlighten Me!
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Enetophobic] #187452 03/23/11 12:56 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
Demand is high in Kansas for high school wrestlers looking for opportunities to compete at the next level and getting a college education. No doubt we need to support the programs we have and any of the new ones as well as creating more options in State. We have to find a way to show up for their duals, tournaments, camps, etc.

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: smokeycabin] #187457 03/23/11 01:25 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Exactly!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Chief Renegade] #187620 03/25/11 08:57 PM
M
Mr Brown Offline
M
I have heard from a few sources that Matt Vander Linden is coming back to wrestle for Labette next semester. Someone even told me heavyweight.

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Mr Brown] #187658 03/26/11 04:08 AM
Coach Davies Offline
Airen Maxwell, 215 from Piper High School, has committed to attend school and wrestle for Fort Hays State next year. Airen's record this year was 37-9. He earned Piper Invitational Champion, Wyandotte County Champion, Kaw Valley League Champion and was Regional Runner-Up. He was selected to the All Wyandotte County Wrestling Team and was also KWCA Academic Honorable Mention. I would like to add that in 4 years of wrestling he never missed a practice and that says a alot about a kid. He has been a great leader for our program and will surley be missed. Congratulations Airen, Fort Hays is getting a great young man.

Zach Davies
SMNW Cougar Wrestling
Cougar Kids Wrestling
zdavies001@gmail.com
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Mr Brown] #187663 03/26/11 10:42 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Mr Brown
I have heard from a few sources that Matt Vander Linden is coming back to wrestle for Labette next semester. Someone even told me heavyweight.

What year did Matt graduate from high school and from what high school? If Matt is not a 2011 graduate, I would still include him on this list in another category of Kansas High School Graduates of previous years who are wrestling at new colleges next year. We had such a category on last year's list. I would also need confirmation from Matt, his parents, Labette, etc. that Matt will be wrestling at Labette next year. Thank you.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Coach Davies] #187664 03/26/11 10:54 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Davies
Airen Maxwell, 215 from Piper High School, has committed to attend school and wrestle for Fort Hays State next year. Airen's record this year was 37-9. He earned Piper Invitational Champion, Wyandotte County Champion, Kaw Valley League Champion and was Regional Runner-Up. He was selected to the All Wyandotte County Wrestling Team and was also KWCA Academic Honorable Mention. I would like to add that in 4 years of wrestling he never missed a practice and that says a alot about a kid. He has been a great leader for our program and will surley be missed. Congratulations Airen, Fort Hays is getting a great young man.

Coach, that was very well said. I would add that he had a good coaches too. This is a great example of both the type of wrestlers and coaches that we have in Kansas high school wrestling.

Airen Maxwell, congratulations on your high school wrestling accomplishments. Good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Fort Hays State University.

Reported by posters to be wrestling next year at:

Tyler Baughman of Lansing HS---Briar Cliff University (Sioux City, IA)
Spenser Blew of Lansing HS---Air Force Academy
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Zack Grimes of Osawatomie HS---Fort Hays State University
Derek Holly of Shawnee Heights HS---Fort Hays State University
Kyle Johnson of Columbus HS---Fort Hays State University
Aspen Kmiec of Shawnee Heights HS---Labette Community College
Airen Maxwell of Piper HS---Fort Hays State University
Seth Miller of Goodland HS---NWWTC
Taylor Moeder of St. James Academy---Old Dominion University
Dylan Penka of Kapaun Mt. Carmel---South Dakota State University
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS---Brown University Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Jesse Austin of Baldwin HS---Football and Track at Baker University
Derique Carey of Lansing HS---Football at Fort Scott Community College
Brandon Flanagan of Shawnee HS---Football & Baseball at Butler County Community College
Donnie Lockhart of Shawnee Height HS---Football at Washburn University
Thomas Lowe of Eureka HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Tate Omli of Ell-Saline HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Trent Robb of Perry-Lecompton HS---Football at Ottawa University
Dillon Salmans of Hoxie HS---Football at Garden City Community College
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #187996 03/30/11 12:47 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Aspen Kmiec of Shawnee Heights HS will be signing to wrestle next year with Labette Community College.

Aspen began wrestling as a freshman in HS and accomplished many great feats:

- Over 100 HS wins
- 97 falls in HS
- 3x State placer (4th, 6th, 4th)
- 40-4 in 2010-2011
- 34 falls in 2010-2011 season
- Centenial League Champion
- Regional Champion
- 3x Topeka All-City Wrestler
- 2011 Kansas Kids State Champion
- 2011 East KS All-Star Selection
- 2011 Kansas All Dual Team Selection
- KS FS/GR National Team Member

Cross Country:
- 2x State Qualifier
- 2x Letterman

Baseball:
- 2x letterman

Aspen Kmiec, congratulations on your multi-sport high school athletic career. Good luck next year with your academics and wrestling at Labette Community College.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #188660 04/05/11 02:57 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Garrett Dunkelberger of Cheney HS is planning to sign to wrestle with Pratt CC on this Friday. This was Garrett's first season in Kansas. Prior to this season Garrett wrestled at Mountain Range High School in Denver Colorado. Garrett battled knee surgeries all through high school. Garrett persevered thru these surgeries and he had the following record this season:
36-10 this year
State qualifier
Central Plains League Runner-up
Regional Runner-up
Garrett holds school records for wins, pins and reversals in a single season.
Garrett will major in AG-Business at Pratt CC.

Garrett Dunkelberger, congratulations on your wrestling career. Good luck next year in your wrestling and academics at Pratt CC. Also good luck in your future AG-Business career.

Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Garrett Dunkelberger of Cheney HS--- Pratt Community College
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS---Brown University Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Brandon Flanagan of Shawnee HS---Football & Baseball at Butler County Community College

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #188676 04/05/11 12:36 PM
S
shownoob Offline
S
Oh yes !!

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: shownoob] #188729 04/06/11 12:59 AM
P
PurpleDad Offline
P
Vince,

Saw on Baker web site Zach Litvak from GE has signed.

Richard Bennett
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: PurpleDad] #188733 04/06/11 07:43 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thank you, Richard.

Here is what appeared on the Baker website and if you click on the link you will see a very good picture of Zach and his coaches:

http://www.bakeru.edu/athletics2/men/wrestling/news-archive/4540-signing

BALDWIN CITY, Kan. – Baker University wrestling coach Jimmy May announced the signing of Zach Litvak to a national letter of intent on Tuesday afternoon.

Litvak, a native of Gardner, Kan., comes to the Wildcats from Gardner-Edgerton High School where he was a three-time state qualifier. He compiled a 79-48 overall record during his time as a Blazer.

“He stays consistent with our philosophy of recruiting quality people from quality families,” said head coach Jimmy May. “He’s pretty much a local kid with a very supportive family that has been heavily involved in his career.”

High School Accolades
Fourth-place finish (135 lbs) in state chamionships 2011
Three-time state qualifier
28-10 in 2010-11, 79-48 career record
Frontier League titles in 2009-2010 Honorable KWCA All-Academic Team
East Kansas All-Senior Team
2011 Regional Champion and second-place finish in EKL

Zach Litvak, congratulations on your great wrestling career. Good luck in your wrestling and academics at Baker University.

Troy Clark of Chanute HS---Neosho County Community College
Zach Litvak of Gardner Edgerton HS---Baker University

Dillon Scanlon of Lansing HS---ROTC at Cal-Poly

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #188734 04/06/11 07:57 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Troy Clark of Chanute High School is going to wrestle for Neosho County Community College next year. Troy's record includes:

133 career wins
3x state qualifier
2x regional champ
3rd high school state 4a 2011
2011 USA wrstling State Champ
4x letterman.

Troy Clark, congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Good luck with your wrestling and academics at Neosho County Community College next year.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #188745 04/06/11 01:51 PM
jojo Offline
My main question is this, what the hell are you doing on the computer at 4 am Vince?

Kevin P. Kriss
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: jojo] #188746 04/06/11 01:58 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Kevin:

Just one of those nights! Ugh! I will survive though.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #188765 04/07/11 12:39 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Dillon Scanlon of Lansing HS will be attending Cal-Poly next year on a ROTC scholarship.

High School Athletic Career
139-26 Career
4 Time State Qualifier
2ND-2011
2ND-2010
5TH-2009
3 Time Regional Champ
3 Time League Champ

National Honor Society 3.8 GPA
All Academic Team
Brute Adidas National Champ
5 Time Brute Adidas All American
All League Football Defensive Back

Dillon Scanlon, congratualtions on your highly successful multi-sport athletic career. Good luck with your academics and ROTC at Cal-Poly next year.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #188800 04/08/11 12:51 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Taylor Baird of Pratt High School is planning to wrestle next year at Pratt Community College.

High school wrestling accomplishments:

His high school record was 104-25.
Three time state placer.
6th sophomore year.
3rd Junior year.
State Champion senior year.
3x regional runner up.
3x league champ.

1st team All-academic state team.
Outstanding wrestler of the junction city tournament.

Taylor Baird, congratulations on an outstanding high school wrestling career. Good luck in your wrestling and academics next year at Pratt Community College.

Taylor Baird of Pratt HS---Pratt Community College
Troy Clark of Chanute HS---Neosho County Community College
Zach Litvak of Gardner Edgerton HS---Baker University
Seth Miller of Goodland HS---NWKTC
Brett Terrell of Norton-Norton Comm HS---NWKTC

Dillon Scanlon of Lansing HS---ROTC at Cal-Poly

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #188804 04/08/11 09:38 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Brett Terrell from the 2011 3-2-1A Team State Champion Norton-Norton Comm, HS has verbally committed to wrestle at NWKTC next year. He plans on signing today 4-8-2011.

Wrestling Accomplishments:

His record this year at 135# was 24-3.
In 2011 he was the 321A State runner-up and a member of the State Championship team
2011 champion at St. Francis Invitational
2011 champion at Clay Center Tournament
undefeated at the 2011 MCL dual tourney
2X MCL League champion 2009 & 2011, 2010 runner up
2011 Regional champion
His career record at NCHS is 91-29
2x state qualifier (2009 & 2011)

Brett Terrell, congratulations on your very accomplished high school wrestling career. Good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at NWKTC.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189031 04/12/11 12:11 PM
coachp Offline
Bradley Little from Derby HS has verbally committed to wrestle at Ft. Hays University next year. He plans on signing Wed. 4-13-2011.

Wrestling Accomplishments:

Freshman:14-9 State Qualifer
Soph: 37-9 3rd @ State, 2nd team all AVCTL Div 1
Jr: 35-4 2nd @ State, 1st team all AVCTL Div 1
Sr: 38-1 State Champion, 1st team all AVCTL Div 1
AVCTL Div 1 Wrestler of the Year
KWCA All Academic Team
Overall Record- 124 wins and 23 loses.
Member of 2007-08 6A state runner up team
2008-09 6A state runner up team
2009-10 6A state runner up team
2010-11 6A 3rd place team
2010-11 KWCA all academic team

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 147 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,954
Posts250,390
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)