Carlos, I understand your points completely. I think that your situation may be a little unique, to be sure. You don't get better by wrestling weaker competition. We have all seen the wrestler with a huge record fall aside quickly in regionals. I think that you may even see more of that with all of the dual tournaments and so many open weight classes in the small school tournaments. I think I had two state champions back in the 90's with double digit losses. I am probably a little biased since I am coaching middle school now. I don't think that you can have a top 5 high school program without having a great kids club. The competition was MUCH better last year after going to the early season.

One last point. Someone stated that your "brothers" can't help you on the mat. Think about this...You are only as good as your "brothers". Who would I pick to win this state championship match. A kid with a 30-5 record off of a team with ten qualifiers and a chance at a state team title, or an undefeated kid off a team with 2 qualifiers?

I think I will shut up now and watch this thread.

It was good to see you and Michael last night.

Last edited by Shelstin; 11/02/11 11:26 PM.

Rick Cue
ExHC
Ulysses