Guys,

I understand your perspective on the hair/skin issues. I also understand your perspective on one of the problems being because of remote weigh ins....to be honest with you I am not so sure you can attribute it to that alone. Here's why...

Based on my experience, when we did on site weigh ins at open tournaments in Kansas, very seldom was there an official there doing the weigh ins and skin checks. Normally it was a group of parents from the host club that had volunteered to help out. The wrestlers were not getting checked or weighed in a stricter fashion than they do with a lot of satelite weigh ins.

On the hair issue.....the clubs and parents should be responsible and insure the kids have the right length of hair or the appropriate cover. The ref always has the final say when the step on the mat to wrestle.

As far as the skin checks....I am interested to see how this is going to work. Will you have medical people or refs doing the checks or will it be a group of volunteer parents doing the best that they can? I am definitely not trying to call out the Silver Lake folks....those kids and parents are some of the best group of folks in the state. I am just asking because we have issues even at the high school level with non-qualified people making calls on skin issues, even when the wrestler has the proper paperwork signed by a doctor (see a post on the high school forum).

Bottomline: The officials have the final say and ultimately the final check when the kids step on the mat.

Just my thoughts.
Shawn Budke