Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Originally Posted By: Pelland
Scenario....

It's the beginning of the 3rd period, and coach "A" questions the scoring that happened in the 1st period. After a brief discussion, the score was changed on the bout sheet and flipper. Coach "C" is behind the score table watching and has nothing to do with the match and says out loud, "you can't change the score. Once the whistle blows to start the 2nd period, what happened in the 1st period is done and can't be changed". The official says he can change the score if it's wrong.

I have always thought that if you're going to argue the score, you had better do it before the start of the next period, or you're s.o.l. Is this a new rule?

Section 6: Correction of Errors (pg. 32 and 33)

Article 5
Tournament scoring errors by the referee or official scorer:
a. Match Score
1. Errors by the timekeeper, official scorer, or referee must be corrected prior to the offended contestant leaving the mat area if additional wrestling is necessary. If additional wrestling is not necessary, the error may be corrected as long as the offended contestant or coach remains in the mat area.

2. Errors involving the computation of match score must be corrected prior to the next match in which either wrestler competes. If the error necessitates additional wrestling it must be corrected prior to the offended contestant leaving the mat area.

REALLY.......... that blows my mind. So lets say you have a wrestler who is up 1 with seconds left in the match, and both wrestlers are on there feet. The wrestler who is winning isn't really looking to score, but rather looking to not get scored on. He finishes the match not getting scored on and assumes he won, when the coach for the other wrestler questions the score from the 1st period finding out that the score on the bout sheet is wrong, and your wrestler loses........ now if your wrestler would have known he was down he would have been playing offense rather than defense...... to me that would be bad time.