Obviously, I am huge fan of both the Jayhawks and wrestling. I have to say though, i think you got lucky with the OSU fan. I had the opportunity to tour the OSU athletics facilities a few years ago. My tour guide happened to be a huge wrestling fan, and her & I discussed wrestling at OSU (and the lack of at KU). She had been involved with the program for several years, and said they were lucky to get the lower concourse of Gallagher-Iba full for the Bedlam duels. I went to the student union in the hope of picking up some OSU wrestling gear, and when I asked the girl behind the counter where I could find some, she stared blankly back at me. In conclusion, I was disappointed in the lack of overall support for the program at OSU. Sure, they have a dedicated fan base, but that base is a minority.

I know several wrestlers who attended KU. I can tell you that if Title IX would allow for it, I believe KU would have a wrestling program. Until the rules change I do not anticipate many Division I schools adding wrestling programs.