Vince, thanks for the fact checking. I was indeed incorrect on some of the numbers. I didn't look at the EADA numbers, partially because I'm lazy and wikipedia was so much closer. I could go into a song and dance about the linearity of the scale in comparing the numbers, but I'll cede that point. KU is lacking in overall athletics on both sides.

I don't anticipate KU adding any sports in the near future, men's or women's. They are bringing in some serious dough right now; last I heard, plans are still on to build a new Olympic sports venue for the Kansas Relays (a great event I might add). With Title IX, they essentially have to add a women's sport for every men's sport, so if there was even strong support for a program on campus it would be a hard sell.

I wasn't insinuating that Zenger would make a push to add wrestling. I was just responding to the usual "KU only cares about basketball" comments. I will stand by my opinion that a western Kansas native would be in support of adding a wrestling program if it were viable. If I ever get the chance I'll ask him in person and then post his reply here, good or bad.

I can't speak to why KU dropped the wrestling program. I do know that K-State dropped wrestling in 1975 and no one ever seems to bring that up (I assume it was a Title IX issue). I just get tired of the perception that KU is somehow anti-wrestling.