The real problem is we want everything to be "FAIR". We have gone from 12 weights when I was in High School (1988-1991) to 14 weights now. The reasoning for adding the upper weights (where the majority of wrestler do not compete) was that it was too big of a jump from 185 to HWT. What is the jump in College? 190 to HWT. So these guys wrestling 195 and 220 are going to have to pull to 190 or wrestle HWT in College. They need to get rid of those 3 weight classes and just make the class HWT.

103 and 106 I could care either way. They are within 3 lbs, make it 103 and give the 2 lbs of growth allowance in January. Problem solved.

103, 112, 119, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 171, 190, HWT. BAM!
Problem solved.

Littler guys get to wrestle. Still going to have those that are too small to wrestle but that is just how it goes. Life is not always FAIR. There are alot of kids that have been mentioned that will be too small to wrestle and are VERY GOOD. The weight has been 103 since the day they were born.

Bigger guys get to wrestle. They may have to pull a little more weight to get to 190. Or they may have to bulk up, toughen up and wrestle HWT. There are ALOT more heavier men in college and their is no weight in between. AGAIN, Life is not FAIR.

This would Thicken up the soup a little instead of watering it down.

Since I am up on my Soapbox let me add one more. Lets go back to 4 placers at State instead of watering it down with 6. But that is another discussion for another Topic.

EDIT: Yes Cokeley, I agree we should go to 1 class to instead of the Watered Down 4 that we have now. Lets get the weights and places down before we go attacking classes. It would only be "FAIR" wink

Last edited by Beeson; 01/18/13 12:51 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary