Originally Posted By: Tyson Schreiner
FACT: kids that wrestle Freestyle and Greco tend to do better and go farther in the sport than the kids that do not.

What the fact really is, is that kids that have much success in folkstyle are fueled by their success, which then makes them more apt to wrestle year round.

That is not always true. I can come up with plenty of examples where kids who had no success in folkstyle still went out and wrestled freestyle and greco. My brothers and I were that way. My high school teammate Zach Pollom started wrestling his freshmen year, had no success at all that year, and every summer wrestled freestyle/greco. He became a state runner up his senior year, and he will tell you that if he didn't put in the work that he did in the summer that he would have never gotten as good as he is.

Originally Posted By: Tyson Schreiner
Greco/Freestyle takes wrestling out into the summer months, so if you desire to wrestle then you will be most likely wrestling FR/GR. How about this fact?
FACT: Kids that wrestle year round TEND to do better and go farther in the sport than the kids that do not.

This last part here is pretty much restating what I already said.