Quote:
Mike, you should know by now that i am not a newbe to this sport. Tucker wrestled and beat a kid this year that was a state champ at both Gr and Fr. What does that really mean? Nothing. He was the only one competing at that weight. That happens alot , and if you need me to be more specific i can do that with alot of instances. Show up, and at least place in the top 3. So being a kansas state champ at a certain weight in GR and FS doesnt mean a whole lot.

There was only one weight class that had a single participant in either the Freestyle or the Greco-Roman Junior State Championships. In addition, there were no competitors in weight classes below 113.

However, in the remaining 12 weight classes there were an average of 8 wrestlers per bracket in Freestyle and a little under 7 in Greco. While these aren't huge brackets, anyone who watched those matches can attest that those 7-8 competitors were generally among the best in the state. At the Junior and Cadet levels a state FS or GR championship is a hard-fought honor.