Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
Becker should be #2 at 152. There is absolutely no reason for him not to be. He didn't lose to anyone below him so no one should have moved above him. Gehring is solid and he has had a really good year no doubt. His close win over Thibault was commendable and he should obviously move ahead of Thibault but not Becker. All it means to me is that Thibault was probably ranked just a little too high and should never have been ahead of Becker in the first place as I already suggested. If Becker was undefeated, you know he would be at #2. Becker's schedule is much tougher than Gehrings or Thibaults. You can't even compare them. Both Becker's losses, very close losses in the finals at Newton and Rosehill, are to out of state wrestlers. Becker should not be punished because Derby's schedule is much tougher than Buhlers. Plus Becker had a close loss to Williams (top at 160) in the finals at state last year. It is too bad they will not meet so that my prediction could be verified. Obviously Blackwell should be #1. But again, until Becker is beaten by someone on the list he should be behind only Blackwell.

Here is where you are wrong...

Gehring has more quality wins this year and Becker's schedule is not what it appears to be.

Becker - Quality Wins:
Villers - ARK
Helms - ARK
Leeper - MH
Wilson - LIB
Watkins - COL
Mitchell - SME - In OT

Gehring - Quality Wins: Has beaten 4 in the AC Top Ten.
Fiss - HUG - 2X
S. Ortiz - WNW
Clayborn - AUG
Hoskins - STA
Younger - ELL
Watkins - COL
Ryan - SV
Thibault - HAL - Previously undefeated.

Becker went to VC Duals and had no competition at 160. He went to SMNW tourney instead of Douglas on 12/8 and it was cake. Certainly the two OK guys that beat him are good, but he lost to them both. He is absolutely one of our best 152 pounders in the state but to say that he has had much tougher competition than Gehring is just not so.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12