I want to thank all of you who attended for supporting Thunder wrestling and the Woofter Family. We will be awarding a Cadet or Junior Wrestler the Donna Woofter FS/GR $300 Scholarship this year. Details to be released soon.

Comments:

Yes, the Donna Woofter will be a split session next year.

Yes, we will have more food next year. We apologize for running out.

The high winds made it difficult to open the doors and keep them open. People were going in and out which caused concern that someone's fingers were going to get smashed.

Bracket changing... I touched on this in the coaches meeting prior to the start of the tournament. As we evolve to allow clubs to host remote weigh ins we are going to have to establish standards. I was receiving txts and email up to 11pm. Clubs had hosted weigh ins on THURSDAY which should be absolutely unacceptable. Some clubs just don't have their stuff organized. So Scott, the question is... Do I penalize a kid for the adults failure to follow procedure or do I allow the kid to wrestle? It is a NOVICE tournament so OF COURSE I am going to let the kids wrestle. It was of very little inconvenience to rebracket to let more kids get on the mat. I think we made the right decision. It had absolutly NOTHING to do with money.

All of the kids who were officiating today need experience and training. That is why they were there. ALL novice tournaments should use young officials instead of the veterans. These matches are to get exposure and experience for wrestlers, coaches, parents, and officials. If we don't develop officials and show some patience then we won't have any in the future.

Thanks again to all who attended!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com