Met Cody for the first time this week at a practice for the metro classic, before that i had never met him. I would not had recognized him if he had walk up and punched me in the mouth, and my son (Reis) wrestled Tagen in the finals at Eudora, the second week of the seasons and I assume his brother Cody was coaching him? And still Today, I have no clue who was in his corner coaching him. I guess all my attention was focused on my wrestler, and i was really not worried about who was in his corner coaching. My son Reis lost 11-5 I believe, and I could tell Tegan was not happy with the margin of victory, but through the entire match and even after the match, I really can't remember Cody being in his his brother's corner, if that's who was coaching him at the time. I do not remember him getting out of control or yelling and screaming? Regardless, I have defiantly seen a lot worse in kids club from back in the day, (early 2000's) dealing with the Team of Hard Knox, but we are all cool now and we have let bygones be bygones!! I root for all the TOHK kids now!! I guess It's just being passionate for your kids and wanting them to be successful and win in the sport of wrestling!!!
You can not fault someone for being passionate about the sport of wrestling, everyone has there own style of coaching their kids. And just because you do not yell and scream does not mean you are not passionate about the sport, or you don't want your kid to win, it's just the style of the coach. I have never yelled or screamed at my boys, win or loose, that's just not my style, but every kid responds differently! Just my 2 cents.

Walt Humphrey

Old School Wrestling "You My Boy Blue"