Originally Posted By: shawnbudke
Why don't we all be honest about what is really going on here...

There are a group of folks that want the kids season to end earlier and they want to work towards some form of a high school aged Grand State.

You can't get there from here if high schoolers are involved in the kids state series. So the first step was eliminate the 16U division and create a high school division.
The second step was to create a USAWKS sanctioned 6U state.

The following steps have yet to come to fruition. If we can create a bylaw to not allow hs wrestlers to wrestle 14U then it becomes easier to create a separate kids state series that could include the 6U but not high schoolers.
After that it becomes easier to create a USAWKS sponsored grand state for high schoolers a week or so after high school states.

Will if I missed anything please fill in the mistakes.
I only bring this up becauseI can't believe that a few of the people I know and respect feel so strong and react so emotionally to this 14U/HS debate. Also, I find it pretty offensive when I hear these folks making blanket statements about kid ducking competition and running.

I do agree with Beeson.....I don't think this will pass if it is brought to the state body....AGAIN!
Shawn Budke

BINGO....EXACTLY....and not just because you agree with Beeson. smile

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary