To all that read these forums:
I would first like to state that this is my first post. There are many times that I would have like to comment or post on or about something but have chosen not to do so. The reason for this is because of the way people treat one another on these threads. Although, I do regularly read and keep up with what is being said on here, I do not agree with the some things but in no way would I ever degrade or attack another person. People need to be respectful and mindful of what they say.
In AndrewFTW defense, I feel as if AndrewFTW had asked a question as to how the process worked of selecting the seniors for for the senior duals. As educators, coaches, parents, and mentors we encourage our children to ask questions. "No question is ever dumb", is what we teach them, correct? If they don't ask they don't know and are unaware of how the 'system' works. Just because AndrewFTW used the word 'logic' I did not feel he was meaning that anyone was 'illogical' he just did not understand the process...
It is also in my opinion he was not degrading any wrestler, he was just wondering in fact why the higher 'ranked' wrestlers were not on the roster. Perhaps he was not aware of the declines or injuries and that was all that needed to be said.
I also feel as if he is not the only one that has been attacked. The first example that comes to mind is Chief's rankings that he gets terrible grief for. Not everyone will ever agree on everything, but respect is the key to making Kansas wrestling stronger than ever. I have been to many tournaments in and out of Kansas and I have witnessed these young men become very good friends from all over the state. Parents need to set the example for these young men not make matters worse by attacking one another. We need to provide examples of respect and hard work. There are many more examples that can be mentioned but anyone that regularly reads the forums are aware of these examples.
Thank you
Proud mother of a Kansas wrestler.