PC, you are right on point. I am sure that there are some great things to be said about a lot of wrestlers, especially those that have finished a long and often brutal high school career. Here was a shout out to my son that I posted to my family/friends on FB. He wasn't the most decorated Kansas high school wrestler by far, but I am sure that he made a difference with his accomplishments. In theme with this post, he only had one long injury time out all four years and that was in a dual this year when he was returned to the mat in a less than polite manner (got slammed). He finished the match with a close win, but by no way was he gassed when the incident occurred.

Garrett had a very strong showing at 6A High School State going 2-2 but came up one win short of placing in his Senior, and final season. Thirteen years of wrestling, a lot of great memories, some huge wins and some tough losses, not to mention a lot of hard work, sweat, tears and blood left out on the mat. A high school career that included 103 wins, 4 State Qualifiers with 3 top 8 finishes, 1 State Medal (6th), 2 Regional Titles (2nd and 3rd the other two years), 4 League Tournament placings (2nd, 2nd, 4th and 3rd) and 6A Team State finishes of 6th, 3rd, 8th and 10th. Thanks for the great ride Garrett and you didn't leave anything on the mat the past two days.

Lee Girard