Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
What would be the most matches these guys wrestle 2 days in a row? 12-15 matches subs and the whatever level tournament? Then when they do the duals another 12-15 matches? 24-30 matches on 2 weekends - I think that is a lot.

What is a good number (high, low, average number) of competitive matches for elementary and middle school guys to wrestle in a year? I do not know - I am asking for opinions.

For my vote run them together. The atmosphere this weekend at MS was great. Having them together could only increase that.

Number of matches in a weekend: That depends on bracket size for sure with Subs and qualifying. The MS boys are doing it already 3-4 Sat up to 6 on Sunday at MS. The sub brackets are smaller for the older guys but MS had some very good numbers. The younger/smaller guys at Subs and Elementary could be in for maybe 6 each day with larger than 16 man brackets both days.

The actual duals are 8 matches in total over 2 days.

Just from memory for our club numbers our higher level guys go into subs with 40 matches +/- not counting preseason so from December 15 to subs. Average guys 20ish.

Kevin McCall