Originally Posted By: Pelland
People who live on the border of one district, and wrestle for a club in the neighboring district is one thing, but at the end of a season signing up with a club that's 3-4 hours away is completely different. If your signed up with a club, you should be practicing with that club weekly. Our current State tournamnt rotates yearly on which district wrestles which. If we don't put a stop to this, dads will jump ship and switch to a different district just so their kid won't be on the same side of the bracket as wrestler "X".

Greg, I agree with you, Chad and Mike on this matter. I don't see any issue with wrestling with a club that you started with and ended with even if you live in another district. You need to be practicing with that club throughout the year and competing for their team in tournaments; that is how you become a part of their team and deserve to wrestle for them in the State Championship Series. Now if you had to move at the end of the season and wrestling with your club became a hardship due to distance, that would be another thing. I don't see that this is the case here.

Lee Girard