Kansas,

I want to thank the KYG wrestlers, parents, coaches and supporters for all of your hard work and efforts. I also want to thank those of you with positive comments. You guys are great and I love working with you. I also want to thank ALL the other teams across the entire state for your hard work and efforts, because without ALL of us, then NONE of us could accomplish what we do.

It's been a great but challenging road. 5 years ago my best friend, coach Terry Lange and I started out with 12 wrestlers in my back yard wrestling room, a facility in which the majority of it we built ourselves. We still practice in this room from time to time and the memories are awesome.

None of this is about me, the parents, our coaches, etc....it's about the kids and that is what motivates us. My main focus IS NOT team titles, but it is something that can happen if the cards fall correctly.

Therefore, I want to congratulate the 40 of 60 KYG State placers. Of the 20 KYG kids that made the finals, 16 of them are enrolled in a Goddard School. Of the 40 of 60 that placed, over 70% are enrolled in a Goddard School. I state this because it appears that some people think our team is primarily composed of "out of town" or "far-far away" wrestlers.

I also want to thank Ryan Jilka, principal of the Goddard Elementary school that allows us to practice in his facility....Ryan is a great guy.

Thanks,

Max Fisher
KYG Head Coach
316-655-5750

Last edited by M Fisher; 04/04/14 02:07 AM.