And correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we are wrestling the USA Wrestling age groups, which are every 5 lbs for the most part. Somewhere along the line, we have gone to the "every 3 lbs" approx. for the little guys, and other changes, that USAW KS has deemed appropriate.

We are NOT changing weight classes.

We are NOT changing age groups.

We are proposing moving the 6,8,10 state tourney up to early Feb.

We are proposing moving the 12,14, HS state tourney to early March.

We are proposing the fact that we would have more options for venues, moving the tourney around, cheaper hotel rooms.

We are proposing the fact that some parents with only one kid wrestling, would only have 1 hotel room night to pay for at state.

We acknowledge that it could cause families with a wrestler in each different state tourney, to spend more gas money driving to the second tourney, and back home.

I believe that the hotel room savings would offset that cost.

There could possibly less money made on the state tourneys according to Mark Stanley, but the more i think about that, the more i believe that is not true. Two one-day tourneys with 900 kids should generate as much money or more than one two-day tourney with 1500 kids shouldn't it? I'm not an accountant, and am not familiar with the revenue streams at the current state tourney. We had talked about a higher entry fee for the state tourney to replace lost revenue. RIght now we spend 20, 20, 20 I think, for subs district and state.(District 2 already got rid of the subs and entry) Get rid of subs for the rest of the state, but charge $60 total for districts and state. Those numbers would have to be put together for a firm entry fee number, but we have put that out there. We wouldn't increase the total cost, but want to make sure people don't assume the entry fees would go down.

For district 4, getting rid of subs would get rid of one long road trip for them. It actually can get pretty long for some people in every district......

Last edited by doug747; 01/29/16 12:52 PM.