The middle school problem is not one that USAWKS can tackle. Our board has ZERO say or influence on the policies and practices of the KSHSAA. A proposal can be written to structure the above mentioned thoughts. This proposal would then need the sponsorship of an Athletic Director from a member school and to really carry some weight an AD that is a league commissioner. I really don't believe our administrators have any idea how unorganized middle school wrestling is. I really have no idea why KSHSAA cares if kids do both as there exists no qualifying series to crown a KSHSAA Middle School state champion. Weight classes, if they exist, are loosely established in many of the leagues. Some leagues don't keep team score at all and most offer almost no weekend tournaments. Why would any administrator care if kids were doing both?

I have long believed what Doug has stated. If we build it the best will join us. It might have the impact he suggested as many of the MS wrestlers are dabbling or trying it because it is FREE.

My suggestion... Call your local AD! Organize your ideas and go after your school administrators to let them know YOU care.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com