This Kansas senior class has its work cut out for it following a state record, 11 Division I signees in 2017. There is depth and talent in our wrestling rich state, as the nation's college coaches return to our well to fill their rosters.

It is once again, my pleasure to introduce the top ten (one per day on this site) and honorable mention wrestlers in the Kansas Class of 2018.

1. Jace Koelzer (Olathe South)
Projected High School Weight Class: 126
Projected College Weight Class: 125

Analysis: In 2017, Koelzer joined the group of elite Kansas wrestlers to earn six Fargo All-American finishes. After winning a Fargo Cadet National title and a USAW Folkstyle Nationals title in 2016, he jumped to the Junior division at Fargo and placed in both styles. As a veteran on our national dual teams, his mental tenacity and non-stop motor have served as the example to follow for his teammates. He verbally committed to Northern Colorado.

Words from the corner: "Jace has been a program changer. He is one of the most mentally tough wrestlers I've ever worked with. He is a top-notch student, fierce competitor, great leader, and a wonderful young man. On the mat, I would describe Jace as a technician with a gas tank. He keeps an incredible pace at all times, scores with a wide range of attacks on his feet, and is a hammer on top. Jace has over 100 wins through three seasons, has won a state title and finished third, a six-time Fargo All-American and NHSCA Junior Nationals champion. Jace is going to make a difference in college."
-- Head coach Conor Fitzgerald

Last edited by Chief Renegade; 10/10/17 01:16 PM.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12