I understand your perspective of only focusing on the 321A in Kansas. But that's typical of Kansas to be so insulated, its so fragmented and flawed by having multiple locations for state tournaments. I don't think its a bad idea to look around and see what's going on. It might improve the whole situation in Kansas. There's a few more big colleges with wrestling back East which gives a little more priority to the college coach.

I also can empathize for the small school plight in wrestling. Its difficult all across the country. Its a constant struggle to recruit and retain good athletes. My wife teaches at the smallest enrollment school that has wrestling in Indiana. They are up and down and generally have around 10 to 12 wrestlers. They had there 1st state qualifier a couple of years ago in the history of the school. Their goal is to place in sectional and qualify for regional every year and then a few have made Semi-State, but one little guy qualified to state. That's typical for the most small schools and they have an ongoing debate if the One class system is discouraging to the success of small schools. You would be surprised how many of the small schools really enjoy competing against the big schools and they relish the moment when they can pull an upset. My wife's school has 250 enrollment and they compete a school in Indianapolis that has over 5000 kids.

For the unsanctioned dual team state, the coaches association does class the teams. The bottom class is made up of the smallest 95 schools in the state. Of those 92 schools, they only had 22 kids qualify for state the state tournament. You can see how difficult it is. Just perspective.

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"