This is going to piggy-back on some of the comments under the 321-A rankings thread. While we can all agree that Regionals (under the old system) were never entirely divided equitably, at least the best kids usually made it to state and got the chance to prove themselves. This year it seems to me that it is even worse. After reviewing last year's state brackets, it appears that the Minneapolis Sub-State will have 33 returning state placers in the brackets. The Marion Sub-State will have only 13. My numbers might not be 100%, but I'm darn close. I did not include schools that are down from 4A last year, but I did exclude those schools that bumped up like Larned and others. I understand that things are divided geographically, and KSHSAA tries to reduce travel for schools, but these two sites are not that far apart. It took me maybe 20 minutes to tally my numbers. It seems to me that KSHSAA could have looked at this and tried to divide the Sub-States a little more evenly, especially considering that both sites are in central Kansas. I'm not going to get in to which weights are particularly loaded, but if you're reading this, you probably already know. Five returning placers at 170 in one Sub-State! What are your thoughts? Do you agree that things could have been divided more evenly?