Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Dream Matches #26473 02/24/05 01:36 AM
Jeremy Roberts Offline
I think that you should run two mats, try to get all the hs state champs. put a 321A team together, 4A team together, a 5A team together and a 6A team together, let every team compete against each other, would be an awesome night.

Re: Dream Matches #26474 02/24/05 02:10 AM
RedStorm Offline
Hoisington has a swim team? I have been away from western Kansas for far too long....

Bill DeWitt
Wrestling Fan
Re: Dream Matches #26475 02/24/05 05:25 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
They must consolodate with somebody! Where do they practice the lake?

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Dream Matches #26476 02/24/05 01:00 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
So far here is who we have that will definitely wrestle.

Don't want to mention names until after state but so far we have 4 committed wrestlers, but they all need partners, we will go with however many we have but some of the ones offered above would love to have.

The only name I can mention for sure is my son Nathan Furches, between 95 - 110 (weighs 95 but would love to wrestle a state HS placer or champion.)

High school weights so far, don't want to mention names due to they are all still involved in high school state. The weights listed is the weight they are wrestling at at state, may be a little heavier for the challenge.

1 @ 135
1 @ 145 will likely be at 155 for challenge
1 @ 215

Remember guys, I have a job and appreciate as much help as possible as spreading the word around and getting wrestlers. Would also be great to have a top notch girls match or two. Coach Ed or Ms. Jenni you able to help with that.

Re: Dream Matches #26477 02/24/05 08:46 PM
B
blitzkrieg Offline
B
Payne - Paola vs Ely - Leavenworth

Re: Dream Matches #26478 02/25/05 01:43 AM
number two Offline
METZLER NEWTON VS PEREZ TOPEKA HIGH

jim ryan
Re: Dream Matches #26479 02/25/05 11:48 AM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Now let's get some help contacting these individuals to see if they would be willing to give it up. Good luck this weekend guys, will be there enjoying the big show in Wichita with my boy who I hope is there with you on the mats next year, especially good luck to the Edison household, everyone in Derby Green, Chase Moses, Danny Grater, Joe Cornejo, and I could keep on keeping on, by the way Nathan says good luck to Summer roomie, Elijah Madison too.

Re: Dream Matches #26480 02/25/05 12:01 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Any chance we could get Dustin May out of retirement, ye of the Derby Green faithful?

Re: Dream Matches #26481 02/25/05 01:02 PM
A
abuhu0704 Offline
A
How about prant coming back and wrestiling anyone?

Re: Dream Matches #26482 02/25/05 01:19 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
The only thing prant would be good for is a taco eating tournament, in which case he may have a shot

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Dream Matches #26483 02/25/05 03:18 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Sadly, I'll be in New York until March 22nd. If someone wants to foot the bill for a ride home, I'd definitely un-hang the purple shoes for this event.

And Nigel, I disagree.

Spelling bee, anyone?

Re: Dream Matches #26484 02/28/05 12:43 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
O.K. High School State is over and it is time to get ready for Thursday’s All American Clinic and Challenge Matches in Buhler Kansas. Here is what we have so far and what we still need.

Nathan Furches an 8th grader wants to wrestle a 103 Pound High School Placer, so far Donnie Altman has said maybe. Frankly, I understand, Nathan will only be at about 96, he has to weigh in Friday at 95 for the Wichita Classic and realizes a 103 may be there weighing in as much as 110. I also understand that a high school placer may not want to take the chance on wrestling an 8th grader, but hopefully someone comes through here.

We also have several from Hat Town that is talking about coming down. Sweazy is staying with me some this week, and told me about the guys talking to him and that is great. Gives me a complete new respect for this group.

One of those is Mike Miller, a 145 pounder who will probably be close to 155 at this event. Mike is a Senior at Manhattan High School who has also wrestled with the Junior and Cadet National teams over the last 3 summers. He is a 4X High School State Qualifer and a State placer.

This one is apparently a done deal. Danny DeShazer told me that he would wrestle his son, Tristen DeShazer if Tristen agreed to it. I spoke to Tristen at state and to say the least he is pumped up about this match. Imagine a Father / Son Match with possibly 6 State Championships between them and definitely 5 State Championships. I have seen these two go at it and what I'll say here folks, is that in match competition, I would drive 200 miles to watch it. This is going to be the feature match and will be a war.

The Edison’s Jarrett and Jordon, want to be there but don't know for sure if they will be there yet or not. Hopefully, they are able to show up.

We need more, many have talked about it but few are coming through. It would be great to see some come out of retirement, a 3A Champ go against a 6A champ and on and on. It would also be great to have the Wichita Area support this more. By the way, District 1 raised almost $2,000 for Tyler, District 2 raised over $3,000 for Tyler, Buhler is in District 3, the home district for Tyler, how much money is going to come out of this Clinic, Tyler’s home District for Tyler.

We still need High School Coaches, to help, help promote this among your wrestlers. It goes to help one of our own, an 8 year old little boy, who loves wrestling and is fighting for his life. Aaron Sweazy is going to be there on Thursday as well and he has come up with some dream matches if those individuals will come through. I know there is a tournament on Friday and Saturday, The Wichita Classic, but there is a little boy with cancer who is in a hospital in Kansas City right now fighting for his life that would love to lace up the shoes one more time. Let's make this happen, and let's make it big.

I am asking that all wrestlers who are going to wrestle to please notify me prior to Thursday. It is okay to show up, but showing up will not allow me the opportunity to try and line up a match for you if you want to wrestle. Of course it is great and even preferred if you set up your own match. Please arrive no later than 6:00 if possible. This allows us to set everything up as far as matches and explain how things are going to work. The clinic, led by Eric Akin will start up at 6:30, High School, College Wrestlers and Coaches, this is your chance to give back to some of the kids participating at the clinic. It is also your chance to give something to help for Tyler and his family. We will start live wrestling right after the clinic or instruction part. The time that starts will depend on the number of wrestlers who are helping. We hope to have the clinic and matches complete by 8:30 and everyone out of there by 9:00 or 9:15 at the latest. That means out, believe me high school guys, after you wrestle and help teach, you are going to need a little time to sign autographs, that has been a common thing at all of the clinics and I don’t see that changing here. The kids will swarm to you wanting autographs on everything from shirts, to kneepads and headgear. This event will help you realize how much you mean to these little kids. Coaches imagine having a wrestler who understands the responsibility they have in being a role model to kids and you will understand one of the benefits of having your wrestlers participate in this clinic. These wrestlers will not have many opportunities like this one where they get to rub shoulders with the kids and experience the love and respect of a child asking for an autograph.

I am giving a Kansas All-Time All-American T-Shirt to each participant who wrestles out of my own expense and my own pocket so there is a little reward besides knowing that you did well for these kids. I appreciate it and really believe that many of you are going to come through. Hope to see many of you on Thursday, and if we get so many wrestlers to wrestle that we have to extend the time, so be it we’ll do it.

Please remember, you need a USA Wrestling card to wrestle. There will be 1 day provisional cards available for $5 if you don't have one. The cost for the clinic is a $10 donation and if anyone wants to give more they are welcome to. Individuals that can't afford the $10 can donate what they can.

Re: Dream Matches #26485 02/28/05 03:07 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Nigel, I know you aren't going to wrestle, but how about coming down to help officiate. Would be good to have some folks get to meet you. We have a couple of refs but will hopefully need a couple more.

Re: Dream Matches #26486 02/28/05 03:32 PM
Shane Koranda Offline
Mike,

Check your email...

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: Dream Matches #26487 02/28/05 03:38 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Shane checked the email. Good questions, I will try to be there early myself. We will be using National High School Rules for the matches. I would say regarding the high bridge etc, that we will err on the side of safety.

Re: Dream Matches #26488 02/28/05 03:38 PM
S
SFoster Offline
S
Mike,
Can you give more specifics on the clinic?
What time is this going to start?
Who is going to be there?

Re: Dream Matches #26489 02/28/05 03:51 PM
S
Scooby Offline
S
Maybe the foster boys should hook up and go after it. I got to witness the bother this past weekend and was surprised to see the skills these brothers had. Congrats to both of you

I would also like to see Marrs at 215 against someone- he wrestles hard and enjoys it alot. I know he had a tough beat in State but he is still great fun for me to watch.

Re: Dream Matches #26490 02/28/05 05:35 PM
Shane Koranda Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Furches:
I am asking that all wrestlers who are going to wrestle to please notify me prior to Thursday. It is okay to show up, but showing up will not allow me the opportunity to try and line up a match for you if you want to wrestle. Of course it is great and even preferred if you set up your own match.
Please arrive no later than 6:00 if possible. This allows us to set everything up as far as matches and explain how things are going to work.
The clinic, led by Eric Akin will start up at 6:30, High School, College Wrestlers and Coaches, this is your chance to give back to some of the kids participating at the clinic. It is also your chance to give something to help for Tyler and his family.
We will start live wrestling right after the clinic or instruction part. The time that starts will depend on the number of wrestlers who are helping.
We hope to have the clinic and matches complete by 8:30 and everyone out of there by 9:00 or 9:15 at the latest.

That means out, believe me high school guys, after you wrestle and help teach, you are going to need a little time to sign autographs, that has been a common thing at all of the clinics and I don’t see that changing here. The kids will swarm to you wanting autographs on everything from shirts, to kneepads and headgear. This event will help you realize how much you mean to these little kids. Coaches imagine having a wrestler who understands the responsibility they have in being a role model to kids and you will understand one of the benefits of having your wrestlers participate in this clinic. These wrestlers will not have many opportunities like this one where they get to rub shoulders with the kids and experience the love and respect of a child asking for an autograph.

Please remember, you need a USA Wrestling card to wrestle. There will be 1 day provisional cards available for $5 if you don't have one. The cost for the clinic is a $10 donation and if anyone wants to give more they are welcome to. Individuals that can't afford the $10 can donate what they can.

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: Dream Matches #26491 02/28/05 10:50 PM
S
shane7 Offline
S
I would like to see a Foster vs. Malloy match

Re: Dream Matches #26492 02/28/05 11:07 PM
Jeremy Roberts Offline
how about Marrs/Platner 3

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 233 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)