VS Vike Coach:

First I am not the one taking administrators to the wood shed. That was Richard. You got your antagonist mixed up.

You and I agree that grand state is dead and rightfully so, but disagree on the value of Dual State.

Dual state has it's own problems. If it is tacked on to the end of the season, then like Grand State it becomes another week of practice for everybody on the varsity, another weighin for everybody on the varsity, and another road trip for everybody on the varsity. Mind you some of the varsity members would not have wrestled since regionals, so weight and conditioning becomes an issue.

If Dual State is scheduled for an earlier week, using, your model of taking the top teams from Regionals, that would push Regionals to a week earlier to fit Dual State between Regionals and individual state.

If some of the other models are used to pick the participating teams there still is that question of where are you going to put Dual State in the season. The answer has been wrestle Dual State on the week before Regionals.

What is given up? All the league meets, invitational tournaments, and duals that are usually wrestled in that week. Who wrestles those meets? Answer: Everybody.

Who wrestles Dual State? Answer: Only those chosen. So most of the varsity wrestlers in the state will be sitting idle.

I doubt that many of the coaches, who have stopped to think about what they will be giving up, are in favor of Dual State.

As far as parents and fans are concerned, VS Vike Coach and I are back on the same side. If they want any influence at all; their best shot is to contact the coach, athletic director, or the principal of their high school and voice their postion. Let those people carry the message. Those individuals approaching the KSHSAA would be spitting into the wind.

Best Regards,
Time Stands Still