Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: come on #65042 12/14/04 06:09 AM
LancerM Offline
Actually Mike, the witty guys have no problem tolerating the serious posters on this board. It's the serious posters that whine at us that we can't take.

Re: come on #65043 12/14/04 07:09 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
Gee Mr. Parker,

I didn't know me being only 23 years old qualified me as being almost 30 years old. By your logic that would make you what, 27?

I interact with people all over the state every weekend because of the nature of what I do. I get along with just about every coach, and the conversation is not always about wrestling. Wrestling isn't life? I do believe that attitude is what kept you from being a top wrestler Mr. Parker and most likely inspired you to develop you so called "witty" personality to conpensate?

I do however agree with you, Wrestling isn't life, but when im at a tournament doing my job, or when I come to this forum to read about wrestling, I do think that saying does apply here. If you do not believe me, perhaps you should read the subtitle under "Kansas Wrestling" on this very page. Otherwise we can rename it to say "... and the often misguided topics of the Manhattan clic"

Gibby,

I would have given a proper response to your post but none of it was true, and you spelled Abilene wrong not once but twice. How can anyone seriously consider a comment you make when you can't even spell a proper noun right? I guess from now on I can just call it Manhatten.

I have made 29 posts this year and all but 4 of them were positive and good natured, then I choose to speak up in this thread because I knew it would catch the attention of the people that mattered the most, and indeed it has and I believe the problem has been solved (I think you know what im talking about).

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: come on #65044 12/14/04 01:42 PM
fris kitzgerald Offline
well we all know nigel crys about everything and the only way he can feel better is saying prant wasn't a good wrestler but the fact was prant was pretty **** good. so Nigel please stop this and make your own forum and call it the all the fun out of wrestling forums and just see how many people come. i'm gonna guess 0. well maybe 1 including you.

The FISH RETURNS
Re: come on #65045 12/14/04 02:15 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Fris, there's no need to lie to the man. Ha.

And besides, Igel was writing to a "Mr. Parker." While I do not know this fellow, he sounds very nice, and I'm sure he had many other hilarious and useful qualities besides his wrestling ability. In fact, these qualities probably enabled him to engage in a wide variety of activities, which in turn helped him make many wonderful friends and go many wonderful places. Who knows, maybe he even finished 2nd in the Theodore Roosevelt Elementary spelling bee, as well. I do not know this Mr. Parker, but he sounds like a fine chap. I would like to meet him someday.

My dear Abiqueen friend, I believe you may be under the assumption that Gibby is from Manhattan. Sadly (for him), he is not. (Or if he is, he's quite good at keeping secrets.)

And Igel, you can start spelling it "Manhatten" when you start spelling words like "clique" right. Though you may not be 30, you are 23, and I believe you have a college degree. That being said, you should know how to spell nouns.

Burn, swish, score...you get the picture.

Re: come on #65046 12/14/04 05:10 PM
Gibby Offline
No Nigel, I have no idea what you're talking about.

My bad, misspelled Abilene. I should do better as an English teacher.

To be honest, I don't pay much attention to grammar on a message board - that's not their purpose. But if it makes you feel better, knock yourself out.

I won't do the same on your posts as they are long winded and a little dull.

Re: come on #65047 12/15/04 12:39 AM
Dingbat Offline
Quote:
Wrestling isn't life? I do believe that attitude is what kept you from being a top wrestler Mr. Parker...
Nigel--I don't think wrestling is life, yet I can lay claim to two individual state titles. I never thought that wrestling was the most important thing in my life, yet I suppose you could count me as a former "top wrestler." Just wanted you to know that your argument, as usual, is far from air tight.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: come on #65048 12/15/04 01:39 PM
Gibby Offline
Bingo Dingbat.

Wrestling isn't life. What it is however is an activity that bonds all of us together as a collective whole.

All of my friends and I have a common bond - wrestling. I guess it could be construed that wrestling is therefor life, but we don't see it that way.

My college wrestling roommates/buddies keep up with each other because we share a common experience, but we don't talk about wrestling. Okay, we do a little as our kids are either in the sport or we have kids that will eventually be in the sport, but for the most part, when we relive "glory days," we don't talk about matches/practice, we talk about the stupid stunts we pulled.

For every coversation about me wrestling Alan Fried, there are 20 references to me locking one of my roommates out on the roof, leaving, and calling the fire department to save him.

That's what life is all about. Then again, when I was Nigel's age, I probably would have begged to differ, but some years have passed.

Re: come on #65049 12/15/04 03:36 PM
M
Michael Malay Offline
M
CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

Re: come on #65050 12/15/04 03:44 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Yes we can all get along, as long as there aren't 3 new threads a week talking about who can eat the most taco bell.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: come on #65051 12/15/04 05:01 PM
LancerM Offline
Yeah, because those are a total waste of time. Obviously it would be me.

And Nigel, even if there is a topic like that, why click it? I mean, you seem to be a decently intelligent guy, so click only what you want to read. I skip half of these topics about 4A, 1-2-3A and so on because I don't really have an interest in them. Therefore if you click it you're bringing it on yourself. As this is a high school forum there are undoubtedly going to be topics that stray from wrestling, and that's okay, so just deal with it. They don't yell at you for not wanting to hear about 4A wrestling, unless it's Abilene, so don't whine to them about wondering who has the ugliest singlets.

In other words, act like the twenty-three year old man you are and quite whining like my little brother.

Re: come on #65052 12/16/04 12:37 AM
Gibby Offline
Lancer,

I'd kick your tail in eating tacos. I'm not your average taco eater. I will eat, take a nap, use the bathroom and then continue eating.

I appoint myself as the taco king.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 310 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)