Quote:
Aaron...That was Gabby Sheit(sp) that's Anothony's girlfriend!
Well Sheit happens...LOL. Don't worry I think Chapman will do ok, there are many guys on that team that I think can end up going possibly. I'm expecting Sheets and Weller to be the nearest thing to 100% likely of qualifying for the Irish. I like the guys on the team but you've got to call it like you see it.

If any freshman qualifies for the Irish #1 pick Irvine, #2 pick Arveson (now I know his dad is on here frequently so here's the reasoning) Irvine has less ranked guys in his bracket simple as that. As for the others Coles might have a slim chance but it will be good job see ya next year for the 103, 112, and 125 lb Irish more than likely.

No sophomores on the team, juniors look for Weller to be my best pick in the group for the Irish juniors due to his strength. He might be a huge question mark though just gettin back in the groove of things after almost a 2 week layoff.

Ben Smith- #2 Conditioning might be a factor but he beat out 1 teammate, I think he has great mat technique and could put a wrinkle in some people's heads, but conditioning and adaptation coming back to the mat after almost an entire season off should be interesting.

Dalton Provance-#3 OK sound the cannons and ring me up for Putting Riffel out of the Top 3 out of the 5 juniors. Provance has only 1 ranked guy in the bracket in Abilene's defending state Champ Ross Taplin. By what I know, he's on a pretty good role in his last few matches...could be a hot streak coming into regionals, I just wish when he bumped Abilene would have put out Flynn or Zimmerman to give him competition.

4th-Colby Riffel, I know he made it all the way to the semis and was 1 point from being in the state finals, but that was at 112! This year Riffel has struggled against some great competition, but will have to really wake up for regionals...nothing is given in making it to state.

5th- Gobber, just think next season you can wrestle 215 your natural weight. As for this year, hope you have AFLAC.

SENIOR TIME

4 seniors and I'm not going to go to deep into details, but here's how I rank them

Sheets- I'm 100% confident on this one

Anderes - 81% sure on him, probably should bet more but he's in the weird middle weights. His brother is a former state placer for the Irish, so sibling rivalry may come into play and make him bust his butt.

Westby - 63% strong and can pick people up, but has trouble finishing...could scare people while lifting them though. Balance is shakey sometimes (I'm noting Herington and Abilene duals) and can be reversed to back on an occasion or 2.

Lehner - 50% I wish I could say definantly on this...I was impressed with how he wrestled against Brice Dawson. If his matches get into a conditioning battle his stock goes up. He needs to make a statement and win his 1st round match to loosen himself up...then I think we might have the capability of seeing Lehner putting the hammer down on some people.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!