Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Isom:
My school was and alwasy has been biased towards the basketball team. Its really sad too becuase our basketball teams are consistantly sucky in fact this year the boys didn't win one game, and yet they still manage to fill the auditorium every game. Whereas our wrestling team which has won 3 state titles in the last 6 years including this year are lucky to fill one side.
Man! You couldn't tell that at the state tournament! I always knew whenver an Abeline wrestler was going. How? Your whole crowd (and, yes, I would call it a crowd) started chanting "Go soandso go!" Which got annoying. But, hey! I wish we had fans that got annoying!

Congrats on the state championship, BTW, it is a cool thing to have in your trophy case.

Fan support is something this sport is in dire need of.

Mulvane has the biggest following I have ever seen. And it's really not just wrestling. According to someone from there that I met at Boy's State, they have huge crowds at most of their sporting events. MAN! That's what you call "pride!" I wish our school had it...

"I hate basketball! I'd rather watch paint dry!" -- CVHS Wrestling coach Troy Lentz 2005