It's 10:30 a.m. on the floor of the Fargodome. The teams are going though their paces, some stretching, some drilling ... wow, he just lost power in the building ... it's slowly coming back on! That was a thrill!!

As I was saying, teams are in the midst of their preparations. For some, that means team meetings and rah, rah sessions such as Team Ohio is going through. Several are jogging and going through agility drills.

Music is playing in the background, Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, is probably a fitting song! Also from the head table you have a few informational announcements.

A few hundred wrestlers and coaches are gathered around the brackets trying to determine who they are matched up with. Officials are dispensing and setting up the equipment for their tables.

This morning we will have Cadets on a few mats but the majority of the wrestling surfaces will be reserved for the Juniors. "Five minutes till we clear the mats" interrupts the musical rendition of Living on a Prayer.

In a few minutes, the announcement of mat assignments will begin. The announcers go through the first bouts, the on-deck bouts, and finally the matches in-the-hole.

I guess I'd better take a brief break and prepare for the a day of wrestling!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant