Kansas Wrestling

JUST SAY NO TO "_________"!

Posted By: maizeymay

JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/06/11 05:50 PM

Things you don't like at tournaments?
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/06/11 11:26 PM

Lunch Breaks! Keep it rolling, feed the volunteers at the table or switch them out as needed. Some tournaments enlist other clubs to help out to make this happen and still get something for their generosity. The referees usually have time to rotate and switch out so they should be fine. If you need to sell concessions, no problem. Announce special discounts for certain items throughout the day but still make it profitable.
Posted By: Takedown Machine

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/07/11 01:10 AM

Good call ReDPLOYD. Intermissions are awful. I am also going to throw in uncertified officials. Forget costing a kid a points here or there, but the safety of the children should come first. Is the money saved worth one child getting hurt? Please look for potentially dangerous. If a kid's knee is bent the way it is not supposed to bend....stop the match. That is potentially dangerous.
Referee's without any certified patches are one thing. Another when they are in regular street clothes. First thing that crosses my mind is, "Oh boy what did we sign up for?"

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/07/11 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Takedown Machine
Please look for potentially dangerous. If a kid's knee is bent the way it is not supposed to bend....stop the match. That is potentially dangerous.

Takedown Machine,
Unfortunately, there will still be matches in high school where from the stands, potentially dangerous is obvious but the official does not call it. I saw one last weekend. It was nothing intentional from the top wrestler, it just turned into a very strange hold going for a cradle. When the match was over, the other wrestler was taken off on a back board for precaution. I have heard since then that he is fine. It was just unfortunate that the official didn't see it, but for some reason he didn't.
Posted By: coach craig

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/07/11 02:03 PM

More than 2 coaches in a corner.

unattentive officials/table workers.

Angry announcers.

A hatless Doug Eck.
Posted By: doug747

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/07/11 02:10 PM

A novice tourney where moms are not allowed............

How about a high school state tourney where the announcer can't pronounce even half of the names correctly? Hint: Salina.......
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/08/11 02:02 AM

A unorganized "bracket"/ "medal" room

Hand it out at the table or keep up with the brackets and be prepared when the rush hits.
Posted By: hotrodder54

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/08/11 02:27 AM

not posting entries or at least a matrix. I'd like to know how many kids are signed up before we commit to drive to a tournament
Posted By: Spexy

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/08/11 02:33 AM

Multiple brackets at open tournaments. Sink or swim. This isn't Novice.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/08/11 03:36 AM

Knee high socks and pink hair.
I will never understand why parents dress their kids up like a Raggedy Ann doll at, of all places, a wrestling tournament . What's next..... Elton John sunglasses and feathers? Poor kids. LoL
Posted By: Ila Grass

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/08/11 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkButcher
Knee high socks and pink hair.
I will never understand why parents dress their kids up like a Raggedy Ann doll at, of all places, a wrestling tournament . What's next..... Elton John sunglasses and feathers? Poor kids. LoL

Too Funny!!!! grin
Posted By: Allie

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/09/11 03:09 AM

Basketball!!

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/09/11 10:07 AM

Hospitality rooms without Chili, especially from December through February (and don't forget the Saltine Crackers).
Posted By: loveandwrestling

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 12/11/11 04:46 PM

AMEN Allie! Say no to what BOYS play in the winter
Posted By: maizeymay

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/07/12 04:01 AM

Rednecks Who use usjoc as an excuse to party and keep the whole hotel awake.
Posted By: dpmomof4

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 05:02 PM

Moms that scream in the stands when you know good and well the kids can't hear them. Give me a break save it for when your kid wins then give a congratulatory GOOD JOB scream. But when you sit way up in the stands and scream at your kid they CAN'T hear you and you ruin it for all the other people sitting around you and when you are down on the mat screaming you then become a distraction and an embarrassment to your kid and your team.

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: dpmomof4
Moms that scream in the stands when you know good and well the kids can't hear them. Give me a break save it for when your kid wins then give a congratulatory GOOD JOB scream. But when you sit way up in the stands and scream at your kid they CAN'T hear you and you ruin it for all the other people sitting around you and when you are down on the mat screaming you then become a distraction and an embarrassment to your kid and your team.

Not that I don't disagree with you, but that is a tall order to ask for.
Posted By: back in the day

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: dpmomof4

that is the best part of a kids club tournament! Crazy moms

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 06:18 PM

Don't get me wrong cheering for your kid or your team is awesome but the moms screaming and hitting the mats acting totally foolish is another. I also don't get why the refs put up with a mom down on the mat screaming at their kid from the opponets corner. How is that fair? On the other hand a crazy mom or in some cases a crazy dad screaming and acting nuts is amusement for what can be a somewhat long day. I always seem to get seated right infront of the mom with the biggest set of lungs jumping up and down screaming for her son on the other side of the mats. I know that asking this is a very large order to fill and will never happen but I can dream.

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 08:16 PM

Dpmom .....I always seem to get seated in front of the mom with the biggest set of lungs that jumps up and down also....It can be a real big distraction.
Posted By: jhelmers

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 08:37 PM

I love the moms running moves in the stands with ther kid on the mat hahaha

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 09:06 PM

I guess it depends on what you go to the tournament for I go to watch my kids wrestle not to hear and see a bunch of moms acting like well I won't say it....I could care less about the moms that are simply going through the motions with their kid from the stands. I am talking about the moms or in some cases dads acting like complete and utter fools such as screaming, jumping around, pounding their fists on the mats, yelling from opponents side of the mat, bug-eyed cussing, and of coarse the moms that scream constantly from the stands in your ear without the littlest bit of respect for the people around them. I don't mean to offend the people that do this but maybe if they thought about their actions moms of wrestlers wouldn't get such a bad rap.

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 09:11 PM

People moaning and groaning about the "30" minute rule at a novice tournament.

Just wrestle!

If we waited the exact 30 minutes for everyone the matches would go unitl midnight!
Posted By: jhelmers

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 09:21 PM

I didn't mean what I said in a bad way I think it could be turned down a bit as far as the yelling but most probly don't realize they are doing it in the heat of it

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 09:51 PM

Oh I know you didn't mean anything bad with what you said and truthfully I've seen quiet moms and even seen a grandma or two going through the motions from the stands and think its funny....I just wanted you to understand that I'm talking about the hardcore moms that think if they cuss and act idiotic its going to make their kids better. You cannot change what's happening on the mat for your kids and they can't hear you from the stands so sit down and act right.

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 09:54 PM

Mr. Butcher....are you being a bit naughty.lol

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 10:33 PM

Biggest set of what???

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/09/12 11:34 PM

Doug747 Lungs.....Brawler coaches have filthy minds. I guess the less hair you have the dirtier your mind is.lol

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/10/12 01:46 AM

Ask an honest question, and I get rolled by a mom!!! I reread it and see that it said lungs. Honest mistake, really....;)

After coming back from silicon valley (USJOC), it is hard to get my mind off of it.............I don't even know how the kids did that I was suppposed to be coaching at USJOC...........

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/10/12 01:56 AM

I know how you men are:)...and after Mr.Butchers comment earlier I figured I should cut you both down early on.LOL

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/10/12 02:10 AM

I was wondering what the J stood for????

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/10/12 06:39 PM

See what happens....all I wanted was to get all the crazy attitudes at tournaments toned down a bit. You must admit that the way some people act is wrong and I know if I did that my boys would be embarrassed. Now on to the topic of the dirty minded dads.lol just joking

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 01/31/12 10:23 PM

BOILED HOTDOGS!
Posted By: coachjw

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 02/01/12 01:51 PM

Yelling at a kid when he is getting pinned, "Get out of there"... "no Dad, I planned on laying under this guy all day!"
Posted By: nix

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 02/02/12 02:51 AM

what? u mean to tell me there not supposed to be on there back, someone tell my son that.

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 02/02/12 03:54 AM

OK, how about this... Just say no to yelling "SQUEEZE HIM!" What is he Charmin?

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 02/02/12 09:45 PM

You have just described every single nvoice coach on the planet.
You know that your coach is doing a good job if he has lost his voice by 1 o'clock. lol As far as hearing some coach yelling "squeeze him" or "get out of there" only sucks when it is your kid getting squeezed and pinned.

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 02/03/12 03:02 PM

Breathing through your nose in a bathroom about 3 hours into the tournament.

Re: JUST SAY NO TO "_________"! - 02/03/12 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: coachjw
OK, how about this... Just say no to yelling "SQUEEZE HIM!" What is he Charmin?

Say no to "SQUEEZE HIM!", say yes to "JUICE IT!"
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums