Kansas Wrestling

club to wrestle for?

Posted By: GEWC1

club to wrestle for? - 11/11/13 10:09 PM

With East Kansas Wrestling club and GEWC merging into just East Kansas. There Comes a price increase, There are a couple of wrestlers whos parents cant quite afford the price increase since it doubled. Are there any clubs close to the Gardner area that work with parents having $ problems.

TIA
Posted By: Jake Goldenstein

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/11/13 11:55 PM

All of the clubs in Kansas SHOULD work with parents with money problems.
Posted By: lsburks

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 02:49 AM

If any kids are missing wrestling due to their parents not being able to afford it. We need to rethink what we are all doing here!
Posted By: Beeson

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 03:17 AM

The price doubled? I'm just curious what the price is now. Ark City charges $30 for the year and $35 for the USA Card. That is a Grand Total of $65 for the entire season minus entry fees.
Posted By: Ed Wilson

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Beeson
Ark City charges $30 for the year and $35 for the USA Card. That is a Grand Total of $65 for the entire season minus entry fees.

Lawrence Elite has a similar cost structure.
Posted By: Ilive4wrestling

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 03:55 AM

Kids club wrestling season starts a week from Monday. Attached is more information about the East Kansas Wrestling Club and how to sign up. The total cost to get started on November 18 for the first day of practice is $260 which will cover team fees and the cost for the USA Wrestling Card that is required by the state of Kansas and USA Wrestling. Checks can be made out to East Kansas Wrestling Club.
To get an idea on how many kids we'll have and to plan for that first practice on November 18, we'd like to have the sign-up information turned in prior to November 16. However, sign-ups will be accepted after that time as well. Below are a few options for turning in the paperwork and payment this next week.
1. Drop it off at the high school to Coach Yeamans attention.
2. Turn it in to Coach Yeamans at a Pioneer Ridge Middle School dual.
3. Mail it to Eric Akin at *** E. Acorn, Gardner, Kansas 66030.
4. Coach Akin will be at the middle school dual on Tuesday, November 12 at Gardner Edgerton High School collecting sign-ups.
We look forward to an exciting season!

Please let me know us know if you have any questions.
Matt Yeamans
Head Wrestling Coach
Gardner Edgerton High School
Gardner, Kansas 66030
425 N. Waverly
(913) 856-****
Posted By: ravincan

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 02:16 PM

There are several wrestlers in Gardner not able to wrestle this year because of the large fee. People need to rethink what kids wrestling is for making coaches money or helping kids
Posted By: coach craig

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 03:00 PM

I am not sure if I like the idea of using club information on here to bash them. I would hope you would have approached them to see if they could help these kids instead of voicing it on a public forum first. If you have and they told you to beat it then good for you for brining it to light. I just hope you talked with the club first to try and find a way to hlep those who could not afford it.
Posted By: GEWC1

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 03:52 PM

Im not bashing East Kansas At all. Coach Akin has one of the best clubs in Kansas if not the best. I know my kids will get better with him coaching. For the past 3-4 yrs all GEWC parents paid was 100$ per kid if they had there own singlet and a little extra if they didn't. So for my self it was only 200$. Now price the price for both my boys to wrestle will be 407$ with the special east Kansas has. and then on top Paying for each tourney, which comes with every club. i Think that is a little to much. Especially for those who are single parents, or just the families that live pay check to pay check .
Posted By: ravincan

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 04:15 PM

When did we lose the thought that this is for the kids I can remember when the coaches were all volunteer and did it for the love of the sport not a money making scheme for a couple coaches
Posted By: coach craig

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/12/13 05:45 PM

All I am saying is I hope you have brought it up with them first instead of complaining on a public forum. With that kind of history with them I would hope that you have, unless they were jerks about it, which I don't think they would be.
Posted By: Ross001

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/13/13 03:34 AM

There are a number of other clubs in your area..baldwin,wellsville,all of olathe and Desoto. You can check us out at desotokidswrestling.com.
Posted By: JamyD

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/13/13 04:44 AM

Osage City...Send them to me....If they will make the drive I will pay for everything!!!!
Posted By: JamyD

Re: club to wrestle for? - 11/13/13 05:01 AM

No disrespect to the above clubs as they are all great clubs !!! If the parents and wrestlers mentioned above want to make the drive to Osage City, I will pay the memberships and provide singlet, shoes, headgear, etc.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums