Kansas Wrestling

Senior Classic Weights 112 and 145?

Posted By: Dirty wop

Senior Classic Weights 112 and 145? - 03/05/07 01:46 AM

Does anyone know who the two wrestler at the classic in these weights will be?
Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: Senior Classic Weights 112 and 145? - 03/05/07 01:59 AM

The line-ups are still being ironed out and with many kids deciding not to wrestle in it, at times it makes it difficult to know who will be where. I do know of one kid at 145 but you will have to wait until possibly the middle of this week to find out the invited wreslters.
Coach Brown
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Senior Classic Weights 112 and 145? - 03/05/07 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Coach Brown
The line-ups are still being ironed out and with many kids deciding not to wrestle in it, at times it makes it difficult to know who will be where. I do know of one kid at 145 but you will have to wait until possibly the middle of this week to find out the invited wreslters.
Coach Brown

If Coach Brown knows a 145 guy and he is the coach of Sabetha, I wonder who could it be?! ;\)
Posted By: abuhu0704

Re: Senior Classic Weights 112 and 145? - 03/05/07 01:54 PM

I know who one of the 152 lb. wrestlers will be even though it isn't a huge surprise. I am pretty sure his team won state.
Posted By: DOUG MOORE

Re: Senior Classic Weights 112 and 145? - 03/05/07 02:43 PM

To enlighten many of you. The first criteria for being selected is being a senior state champion. If there are multiple state champs, then it is the committee's responsibility to provide a match for each champion. The process then follows the logical sequence of 2nd, 3rd placers etc. Yes, it is true that somewhere out there, there may be someone who defeated someone else, but the committee does not have the time to compile all of this info to make selections. The former East-West classic, now the Senior Classic (which pits small schools vs. large schools) was and is still intended to highlight state champions. The biggest task is not selecting, but contacting the young men and then ensuring that they make it to the event. We have on several occasions lined up wrestlers the day of the event. I hope this answers any questions you might have.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums