Kansas Wrestling

Best HS match I have seen

Posted By: WillyM

Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 12:55 PM

Finals of 95 or 96 state. Two seniors, o/a 130/135. Paola and Clay Center. Paola perfect HS record--no losses--2 time state champ as soph and junior. As I rember had gone to Columbus as a freshman--undefeated but got hurt before end of season--moved to Paola. Clay Center-multiple state champ--perhaps undefeated as a senior. Strike and counter--back and forth. Refs went to the circle, crossed their arms and became spectators. Clay Center the winner---went on to wrestle I think at Kearney State, and All American. Don't think Paola wrestler continued on.
Posted By: Joe Knecht

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 02:28 PM

Trying to think of who that might have been as I was wrestling at Paola during this time. I don't remember if he had a perfect HS record and came from Chanute but could it have been Jason Blanding? He was at that weight for Paola during that time as was definitely a solid kid. I remember he battled a kid from Clay Center but can't recall his name.
Posted By: Wt.145_1999

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 02:47 PM

It was either blanding or Shay (not Brian but his little brother). I'm pretty sure it was my Freshman year at State in 1996.
Posted By: CFC

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 03:33 PM

Jason Blanding Paola vs Brandon Pfizenmaier Clay Center I think
Posted By: klintdeere

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 03:57 PM

best match i have seen

Chad Flores Silver lake-Brandon Redding-Caney Valley
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 04:38 PM

Great topic/thread.

DeShazer vs. Baldridge - both FOUR time state champs, wrestling Greco-Roman. DeShazer builds a quick and big lead as he had a big edge in quickness that appeared to take Baldridge by surprise. Baldridge recovers, comes storming back but runs out of time and loses by one. Very exciting.

Later that same day the two wrestled again against each other in free-style. Baldridge dominated that one.
Posted By: greyeagle

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 05:34 PM

Bradley and Bunch back in the late 90's at Kids State in Topeka, CLASSIC ! Also 3 years ago at Salina, Kearns vs the Holten kid (I can't believe I can't think of his name)for the title at 171. 3 OT's but was decided on a penalty point. Great match though.
Posted By: Butt-Head

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 05:41 PM

not because im from chanute but cameron jesseph vs. parker madl at the s.e.k. classic even though that parker won

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: greyeagle
Bradley and Bunch back in the late 90's at Kids State in Topeka, CLASSIC ! Also 3 years ago at Salina, Kearns vs the Holten kid (I can't believe I can't think of his name)for the title at 171. 3 OT's but was decided on a penalty point. Great match though.

Jesse Strawn (Holden kid) - still wrestling at a D-1 school I think.

Twice runner up to Taplin. Two time state champ. Very impressive. And, yes - Sutton-Kerns kept it very close on more than one occasion that HS season. Both awesome sports/competitors.
Posted By: WillyM

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/21/09 10:54 PM

Correcto. A great match.
Posted By: bockman

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 12:44 AM

Jason Blanding did in fact wrestle at Chanute then moved to Paola. Great wrestler.
Posted By: Bill Johnson

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 02:19 PM

Lance Roe-Norton vs. Romero Cotton-Hutch. 2006. It was in the Semis of the Newton TOC, Roe wins in the 30 sec. Ride-out in a very action packed match. This was the last loss in Cotton's great career.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 03:46 PM

Yeah, I wish i could have seen that one. That Roe was a take-down machine wasn't he? What placings did he have at the HS state tourney throughout his career?

Thanks.
Posted By: Shelstin

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 04:29 PM

Jesse Strawn is at Old Dominion.

http://odusports.cstv.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/011309aab.html
Posted By: CoachDeYoe

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 04:36 PM

Eric Leudke's senior year from Colby vs. Neil Erisman in his freshman year at DeSoto.

Erisman is up 1-0 going into the final 15 seconds and gets banged for a stalling call sending it into overtime. Leudke wins 3-1 in OT with a takedown, but the match was amazing. Still, THAT individual stalling call will forever be one of my largest questions to the ability for officials to remain unbiased during a match.

Still an unbelievable match... one for the books in KS history.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 05:34 PM

Coach DeYoe, so in your opinion Erisman was not stalling? I'm just curious. I didn't see the match. Your sentence below is of interest to me - if you care to clarify it further:

"Still, THAT individual stalling call will forever be one of my largest questions to the ability for officials to remain unbiased during a match."

Thanks.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Shelstin

Still pinning and winning! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Ctown

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 05:42 PM

best match ever could have been Allen of Clay Center vs Schroeder of Andale. This match had everything overtime great takedown and all the hype from the two teams crowds
Posted By: Brett Shoffner

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 06:28 PM

amazing match! the whole coliseum was stopped for that one. people from everywhere were going crazy about the stalling call and then the takedown at towards the end of the ot period. absolutely sweetness.

whomever said bradley and bunch at kids state in the late 1990s, heck ya! still remember that match to this day, really sweet to watch as a 12 and under. both of them were SUPER quick.
Posted By: jdoll

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Ctown
best match ever could have been Allen of Clay Center vs Schroeder of Andale. This match had everything overtime great takedown and all the hype from the two teams crowds

this was the best match i have seen.. two top wrestlers from the two top team there that year. not to mention the only loss either had was to the other.
Posted By: Wes Park

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/22/09 11:40 PM

chase nelson vs mitch means was a good match
Posted By: sum876

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 01:48 AM

BEST MATCH I WANNA SEE!!!!

Kendrick Maple VS C.J Napier!!!

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 02:28 AM

HA! Amen to that.

I have heard they have meet before albeit not in a HS match. Some freestyle or Greco stuff. If my memory is correct, Napier won - without much trouble. Clarification from those that know more?

Thanks.
Posted By: CoachDeYoe

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: dwelsh
Coach DeYoe, so in your opinion Erisman was not stalling? I'm just curious. I didn't see the match. Your sentence below is of interest to me - if you care to clarify it further:

"Still, THAT individual stalling call will forever be one of my largest questions to the ability for officials to remain unbiased during a match."

Thanks.

In my opinion, which I will fully admit as to being biased, Erisman's original stalling warning was completely outrageous considering he was shooting the entire period that the warning was given. Leudke was a senior, and overpowered Neil. Neil could only shoot to not be driven out of bounds or pressed.

The stalling call that was given to send it into overtime, or the second call which cost a point, was completely legitimate. Neil got caught glancing over at the clock. In my estimation, that was the first time in the match that he had shown any signs of stalling.

Still, this is one of the best matches between two of the better wrestlers Kansas has ever produced that I have seen.

Temoer Terry v. Jacob Newby would be another match that I would put on this list as well. There are others I am sure I will think of at some point.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 03:41 AM

Appreciate the good clarification. Thank you. What grade was Erisman in? You mentioned that the other dude was a senior.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: CoachDeYoe

Thanks.

In my opinion, which I will fully admit as to being biased, Erisman's original stalling warning was completely outrageous considering he was shooting the entire period that the warning was given. Leudke was a senior, and overpowered Neil. Neil could only shoot to not be driven out of bounds or pressed.

The stalling call that was given to send it into overtime, or the second call which cost a point, was completely legitimate. Neil got caught glancing over at the clock. In my estimation, that was the first time in the match that he had shown any signs of stalling.

Still, this is one of the best matches between two of the better wrestlers Kansas has ever produced that I have seen.

Temoer Terry v. Jacob Newby would be another match that I would put on this list as well. There are others I am sure I will think of at some point.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 03:42 AM

Whoops. I see you already answered that. Neil was a freshman.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 03:43 AM

Can't be having a freshman beat a senior now could we?! ;-)
Posted By: KSU125

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 03:48 AM

Aldon Isenberg vs. Mitch Arnald. Isenberg bumped up to wrestle him at Newton a few years ago. Arnald nearly had a few takedowns, but Isenberg managed to come up with some amazing scrambles and get out of them.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 11:55 AM

Who won? (Arnold vs. Isenberg)
Posted By: Wes Park

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 12:23 PM

isenberg
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: KSU125
Aldon Isenberg vs. Mitch Arnald. Isenberg bumped up to wrestle him at Newton a few years ago. Arnald nearly had a few takedowns, but Isenberg managed to come up with some amazing scrambles and get out of them.
Agree, still the best match I have personally seen. A fun and exciting match.
Posted By: HaysHighArnhold

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 03:06 PM

best match/matches i have seen jon cook of hays vs. whitehill of mcpherson at regionals whitehill got the win and at state cook got the win. two intense matches
Posted By: wrestle007

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 03:21 PM

another fantastic match involving neil erisman was the state final his junior year. he wrestled zahm of columbus. zahm won 7-5 in a fantastic battle.
Posted By: J. Sauder

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 03:39 PM

Best match I ever saw was Shawn Bammes from Manhattan against Brian Hill from Salina Central at the finals in the Junction City tournament in 1993 or 1994. I can't even remember who won, but it was more of a war than a match. As I recall, both wrestlers ended up with tape around their heads, a la Dan Gable. Multiple blood stoppages, lots of hard wrestling and a TON of action. Like I said, I can't remember who won but the images of those two battered and bruised will always remain with me. Hill was a 2X state champ and Bammes won 6A at 160 lbs. his senior year.
Posted By: coach neil

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 04:19 PM

I think this topic is a pops up every year and I write the same thing every year.
Not a “Great Match”, a “Legendary Match” Douglas vs. Kohler in the finals of the Sunflower Classic. (Grand State format). Both 3 timers. Kohler wins. Douglas goes on to win Junior Nationals, 2 NCAA titles for Oklahoma University, The Tiblisi tournament in Georgia, and becomes a 2 time Olympian.
Posted By: Svo69

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/23/09 11:43 PM

Alson Isenberg bumped up to challenge Mitch Arnold. It was an exciting brawl - complete with all of the technical proficiency and athleticism you'd expect and/opr imagine.

You could'a heard a pin drop during this particular match.

It matters not who won. In my opinion, it was the fans - who won!

Thanks Isenberg. (as I recall,it was Isenberg who sought out Mitch Arnold and not visa-versa).

It was more than nine (9) minumtes of scintilating action. I can't even remember if it went into overtime.

I hated to see one of those guys loose.
Posted By: ksman01

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 12:22 AM

The Derby tourney had some good ones this year in the finals. Watters vs Windham, Nitcher vs Deshazer, Caldwell vs Detmer, and Detmer vs Nelson
Posted By: Westfahl

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 03:11 AM

An old time match, Lowery of Norton over Lampe from Colby in regional final, the next week it reversed and Lampe beat him. Then they went on to Iowa State and Oklahoma. Two pretty good ones there.

How bout Landun Richardson over Eric Akin in their senior years. Two awfully good wrestlers. Sorry Eric I just had to throw that one in. lol You know I couldn't resist.
Posted By: KansasBoy

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 03:37 AM

Lane Greenlee had a good match against Deshazer at derby also
Posted By: djsnyder

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 03:40 AM

i would have to say the greatest match i seen was in 1988 i believe or 87 a long time ago hard to remember. but it was at the beloit invite. kevin kadel of beloit vs. a wellington kid i believe for first and second. kevin is behind by three or four i believe, third peried on bottom with around thirty seconds left. he is hitting switches and stand ups right and left the wellington kid just riding him every time he gets a chance looks at the clock. with about 9 seconds left takes his left hand off of kevins left elbow and raises one finger in the air in victory when he does that kevin hits a gramby cradle to score two reversall and tree back to win the match as time ran out. will never forget that match.
Posted By: Goose51

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 12:56 PM

Some of you may not of seen the match, but how about Josh Bessette and the kid From Russell? 1998 4a 130lbs.
Posted By: flamingo

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 01:51 PM

kearn vs. strawn, enough said
Posted By: coach neil

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 02:05 PM

Yes, I remember Josh’s match I was the asst. coach at SFT. Josh was a gutsy kid doing what he did to make it a clear cut victory. Problem was Josh didn’t realize how good he really was.
Posted By: Goose51

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 02:21 PM

Yes you were! I cant believe Josh cut him with about 15 seconds if I remember right.. the score was tied. Besstte take him down to win by one with only seconds remaining. Thanks for having my back on that one coach- Bryan Bogren
Posted By: Westfahl

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 03:54 PM

Tell you another one that a lot of you that were at the first Grand State tourney will remember was Baker of Goodland and Simpson of Derby (two really fine wrestlers) in the semi's I think or maybe the quarters. Simpson hung a three quarter nelson on Baker and cranked for the entire period but didn't turn him. Baker's neck was about five inches longer I think when that period ended. After that gutsy save, Baker turned around and won the match in the third period and won the tourney after that. Those two were really really tough and it was a tremendously gutsy performance by both guys.
Posted By: stop

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 03:56 PM

Do you remember the weight of this match? My bro was wrestling for Wellington during those years and though I'm sure it wasn't him, there are a couple wrestlers that come to mind. The best match I have ever seen involves the little bro. It was regionals in 89 at Rose Hill. It was Friday eve and he was the #5 seed wrestling the #4 seed. It was a close match with bro up by 2 or 3 points. Suddenly, there was an attempt at a throw and both wrestlers crashed to the mat with a resounding CRACK! Immediately, the refs jump in with both boys bleeding profusely. Bro from the mouth, other from the head. Can you guess? Bro's tooth was imbedded in his opponents forehead. You talk about a blood fest! After several attempts to finish the match, my bro was declared the winner based on points and his bleeding was contained and other kid couldn't get his stopped. Bro ended up having a double root canal the next morning at 6:00 am before his match, which he won and qualified for state. Thank God my mother wasn't there that night!
Posted By: Isenberg133

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 05:31 PM

I'm glad everyone thought my match with Mitch was exciting match, but i believe a more exciting match that I was in was against Keaton Baker my freshman year in the regional finals, A last second reversal secured my victory 8-7
Posted By: Scarecrow_103

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 06:28 PM

3 come to mine... all 6a and all at state

Perez Shumate state finals round 2... Perez getting a last second reversal in a flury

Altman Perez State Semis
Ely Shumate state semis
Posted By: RJW1

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/25/09 06:33 PM

The best high school match I've ever seen was Kearn-Strawn in the State Finals although the way it ended was anticlimactic and left me with a sick feeling.
Posted By: Mitch Beims

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/26/09 04:12 AM

Bringing back some memories on this topic.
Was in the corner of the Luedke - Erisman match. At the time, I sure wasn't enjoying that match smile

Was also matside during the Jake Kreigbaum (Abilene) - Cole Garcia (Colby) regional finals match in 2004. Garcia (soph) throws Kreigbaum (sr) in a headlock in OT to win inside a packed and stunned gym in Abilene. Kriegbaum's first and only loss in 3 years. He did get revenge a week later.

Some of my personal favorites were the Butch Kerns (Plainville) vs Todd Plummer (Oakley) 1989 state final match and the Kory Lira (Ulysses) vs Earl Jones (Coffeyville) I think state semifinal match in 2003.

But will have to agree with Coach Williams and many others on the Strawn - Kern state finals match in 2006. That is the best HS match I have ever seen!

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/26/09 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Mitch Beims
Bringing back some memories on this topic.
Was in the corner of the Luedke - Erisman match. At the time, I sure wasn't enjoying that match smile

**HA! Why is that?!

Was also matside during the Jake Kreigbaum (Abilene) - Cole Garcia (Colby) regional finals match in 2004. Garcia (soph) throws Kreigbaum (sr) in a headlock in OT to win inside a packed and stunned gym in Abilene. Kriegbaum's first and only loss in 3 years. He did get revenge a week later.

**Good point and described well. I saw both of those matches also. A "stunned gym in Abilene" says it all.

Some of my personal favorites were the Butch Kerns (Plainville) vs Todd Plummer (Oakley) 1989 state final match and the Kory Lira (Ulysses) vs Earl Jones (Coffeyville) I think state semifinal match in 2003.

**Lira and Jones -- saw that one to. What a battle. Lira was working his butt off to get a takedown and figure out an offense against Jones' defensive.

But will have to agree with Coach Williams and many others on the Strawn - Kern state finals match in 2006. That is the best HS match I have ever seen!

**Not just for the athleticism but also for their sportsmanship. They seemed like best friends during and after the match. Kern seemed to be smiling and having a blast. Amazing.
Posted By: my12floz

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/26/09 03:49 PM

"Some of my personal favorites were the Butch Kerns (Plainville) vs Todd Plummer (Oakley) 1989 state final match"(Quote

WOW!!! I was in that bracket, it was 135 lbs.
I lost to Plummer 6-5 in the Quarters
Posted By: dp5

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/26/09 04:35 PM

Jacob Marrs and Sean Pietrzyk in back to back finals at Newton and Beloit their Junior Year. The matches went back and forth and both were settled out of scrambles in the final seconds. Marrs won one, Pietrzyk won the other.
Posted By: EHS145

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/26/09 05:56 PM

The best match I've ever seen was Brian Harris of Eudora and Matt Murray of Columbus I believe in the semifinals at state. Matt went on to win the match by one in over time. He later went on to wrestle to a 3rd place finish for Nebraska at the NCAAs. He said Brian was his toughest match of his life.
Posted By: Dylan Campbell

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/26/09 06:26 PM

Unless there's another Matt Murray, he wrestled for Colby, KS and then went on to take 2nd at NCAA's for Nebraska loosing to Ware in the finals.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/27/09 01:51 AM

No, only 1 Matt Murray. Thanks for the clarification coach Campbell, and Good Luck @ HAYS

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/27/09 01:51 AM

No, only 1 Matt Murray. Thanks for the clarification coach Campbell, and Good Luck @ HAYS
Posted By: A. Oncewas

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/27/09 02:58 AM

I'd have to say Lance Shephard(Hoxie) and Wes Harding(SESaline) in the '88 state finals.
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/27/09 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: A. Oncewas
I'd have to say Lance Shephard(Hoxie) and Wes Harding(SESaline) in the '88 state finals.

Is this the match that Harding was going for his fourth title and was upset?
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/27/09 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Ricky Bobby
Originally Posted By: A. Oncewas

Is this the match that Harding was going for his fourth title and was upset?
Yes!
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/28/09 10:37 AM

Has to be Louden Swain (Thompson High) vs Brian Shute (Hoover High) in 1985. What a match! You had desire, dedication and determination defeat a 3-time state champion with brute strength. A wrestler on a vision quest vs a wrestler who carried a sawed off telephone pole up and down stadium steps. And at the end of the day, did anyone else get to go home with Linda Fiorentino?

Just trying to lighten the moment for some of you who are stressed to the hilt about the high school state championships. Good luck to all of you on day two. Whether you win the title or go 2 and out, you should be proud.
Posted By: chuckthefan

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 02/28/09 06:53 PM

I was asst. coach at Russell at the time of the Knopp(Russell) v. Bassett(SFT) match. What made it an even better matchup, was that Knopp pinned Bassett the week before at the regional finals. The state final match was great.
Posted By: tater tot

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/01/09 03:41 PM

Did anyone see Brian Bird from Plainville and some kid from Onega in the semis in 95 Bird was down by like 8 points or something going into the third, bird was on top and turned the kid enough to tie with like 1 second left. Then Bird won in overtime. That was the best match I have ever seen. Lots of guts for freshman to battle like that. Bird was good!
Posted By: 3badboyz

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/01/09 09:40 PM

Drennan Minneapolis against Pyle Sabetha 321A state semis. Rematch of the previous year's state final match.
Posted By: tater tot

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/01/09 09:50 PM

Yes good one, also Scott Jenkins and Some guy from Osborne in 97 in the finals. OT victory for Jenkins 3rd title
Posted By: eastkswrestling

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/03/09 02:47 AM

Did anyone see Bazan-Henning in 1983? What a phenomonal match. Bazan had beaten Henning the week before and Henning pulled out a miraculous finish to upset Bazan. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.
Posted By: Wildcat_DeBo

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/03/09 12:34 PM

Well the best match I saw this year was between Byron Roath (KCWashington) vs Pat Cervantes (Meige) at Miege in the 145 regional final. They met earlier in the year at 152 with Cervantes getting the win by majdec. When they met at the regional, Roath won 9 to 4 or something like that. Rode Cervantes like a horse turning him a few times.
Posted By: Mr. Me

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/03/09 04:53 PM

well this one isn't exactly a kansas match but it happened at the senior nationals, it was between ryan mango and tyler cox it was a real nice match there was not one point in the match that either of them slowed down there were plenty of throws and scrambles with the final score to be 3-1 i think with tyler cox the winner
Posted By: unclejacks

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/04/09 02:26 PM

brady laMar and Kenny Tyler was a great match in 2005 321a semi- finals at the state tourny.
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/05/09 12:01 AM

Several matches that come to mind, would have been Schuyler Sharpe of Colby beating Ross Taplin at regionals Ross's sophomore year? then he proceeded go undefeated I believe the next 2 years.

The 2003 140 bracket was fun to watch all around, with Eric Johnson Norton, Matt Englebert Beloit, Matt Drennan Minneapolis, Matt Pyle Sabetha.
Posted By: 3badboyz

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 04:08 PM

I was there in 88 and I am pretty sure the kid who beat Harding in the finals was from St.Francis. Maybe Daris Degood? (soph.) at the time. I tried referring to the past state champs but the link is messed up at the moment.
Posted By: DamonParker

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 04:18 PM

Scott Coleman vs. 5x state champ from Arizona at the Pittsburg Senior Nationals. Coleman was losing at the end of the 2nd period. He chose top in the 3rd period, turned him, went to overtime, then scored a takedown in OT to win the high school national championship. I couldn't imagine a better match or finish.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 04:53 PM

How about Prant vs. Damon? Who wins that one?

;-)
Posted By: John Steiger

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 06:21 PM

DeGood lost to Harding in the finals when he was a freshman. The NWKL wrestler who beat Harding in the finals his Senior year was Lance Shepherd from Hoxie.
Posted By: Hull DWC

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 07:36 PM

HULL VS. HULL 1990. AT THE INTERSECTION OF 2ND STREET AND ? IN EDMOND OK. ASK MIKE STOVALL HE WAS IN THE BACK SEAT. YOUNGER HULL AND OLDER HULL GET IN AN ARGUMENT WHILE DRIVING. LIGHT TURNS RED BOTH GET OUT AND GO TO TO TOE IN FRONT OF CAR. MIKE IN BACK SEAT LAUGHING HIS A@@ OFF. LIGHT TURNS GREEN, CARS HONK. ACTION STOPPED. BACK IN THE CAR. DROVE OFF.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 07:36 PM

HULL VS. HULL 1990. AT THE INTERSECTION OF 2ND STREET AND ? IN EDMOND OK. ASK MIKE STOVALL HE WAS IN THE BACK SEAT. YOUNGER HULL AND OLDER HULL GET IN AN ARGUMENT WHILE DRIVING. LIGHT TURNS RED BOTH GET OUT AND GO TO TO TOE IN FRONT OF CAR. MIKE IN BACK SEAT LAUGHING HIS A@@ OFF. LIGHT TURNS GREEN, CARS HONK. ACTION STOPPED. BACK IN THE CAR. DROVE OFF.

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 07:38 PM

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 08:13 PM

How about Prant vs. Damon? Who wins that one?

;-)

Not much of a contest, which is why I didn't post it in this topic.
Posted By: Tom Heier

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 08:21 PM

I say Pamon in a landslide... but only so Prant will come back on here and post to defend himself!!
Posted By: Tom Heier

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 08:21 PM

I say Pamon in a landslide... but only so Prant will come back on here and post to defend himself!!

Re: Best HS match I have seen - 03/06/09 08:35 PM

If it were a war of wits, I'm afraid I may be in bad shape!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums