Kansas Wrestling

Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace!

Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace! - 09/16/13 04:34 PM

The Derby Wrestling Club as well as USAW Kansas Kids and District II have lost a valuable contributor today with the loss of Coach Skip Harrington.

Information regarding the service will be forthcoming as it becomes available.

Please keep the Harrington and Shavlik families in your prayers.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace! - 09/16/13 06:34 PM

My thoughts are with all the family. Skip will be missed.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace! - 09/17/13 12:26 AM

Skip might have been the most colorful and dedicated supporter of Kansas wrestling ever. I looked forward to seeing him and listening to his stories. My thoughts and prayers to Eddie, Cindy, Jeff and all of the grand kids. The Cokeleys will miss Skip and wrestling has lost a great contributor to the sport.
Posted By: Tommyboy

Re: Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace! - 09/17/13 12:47 AM

I have so many good memories with Skip . Jake and Zac loved Skip and were crushed when they heard the news . He will be greatly missed by the Gentzler's . What a man he was !

Dan Gentzler
Posted By: klintdeere

Re: Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace! - 09/17/13 04:52 PM

Had a lot of fun coaching against Skip and always enjoyed his interactions with the kids. He was a welcoming and encouraging presence for all wrestlers regardless of their team affiliation. My best to the family.....
Posted By: P. Pitbull's Old Dog

Re: Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace! - 09/22/13 05:33 PM

He will be missed, couldn't help but Love the guy, he dragged more kids to more tournaments and he'll probably being doing the same up in Heaven.

Coach Peterman

Re: Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace! - 09/24/13 07:58 AM

Harrington, Edward (Skip) JR, 77, retired construction worker, small business owner, and US Navy veteran passed away Sept 16, 2013. Service will be 10 a.m. Friday, Sept 27 at St. Mary's Parish in Derby, KS. He is preceded in death by wife, Judi. Survived by sons Skip of FL, Eddie (April) and Jeff of OK; daughters Maggie Jensen of SD and Cindy (Steve) Shavlik of Derby; brother Robert (Virginia) Harrington of Wichita. He had 16 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandson. Watson Funeral Home, Wichita, KS is handling services.

Published in The Wichita Eagle from September 24 to September 25, 2013

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansas/...9#storylink=cpy

Re: Coach Skip Harrington - Rest in Peace! - 09/24/13 08:03 AM

St. Mary's Parish
2300 E Meadowlark Rd
Derby, KS 67037
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums