Kansas Wrestling

Bullying in HS Sports

Posted By: Hossus

Bullying in HS Sports - 10/22/13 06:00 PM

Guess it is just a matter of time before some parents try to pull this in wrestling. Crazy times people.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool...-101510025.html
Posted By: Mahan

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/23/13 12:37 PM

This year (I won't say where we were playing) the officials told us at the start of the second half that they were going to run the clock. I responded that we were only up 22 zip, and they said that the AD wanted to run the clock if it was more than 3 scores...my response to that was "don't you ever run the clock on us if we are down by just 20 points"...I guess I have this condition called competitiveness. How do these people: this mom from texas, the AD, etc...not get that they are developing pansies. It is frustrating but unfortunately this is becoming more than a trend. I think that all we can do as parents and coaches is make our kids as tough as possible and beat the $#it out of the teams whose parents and coaches are not as concerned about such things. ultimatly it is not about football or wrestling it is about life...and I will tell right now that my kids/team are gonna be better stronger tougher people in life than the son of the mom from texas or the kids whose AD runs the clock on them only down 22. These parents are ruining their kids. how do they not see that. Prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child...I have been wanting to rant on this for a while...sorry.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/23/13 12:51 PM

Right on Mahan.
Posted By: cmonman

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/23/13 01:30 PM

I think you need to file a lawsuit. That helps everything in this country.
Posted By: J. Storm

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/23/13 02:13 PM

Mahan, I would argue that you were only down three scores and not more than 3 (2 point conversions). 22 points is not that much in high school or college due to the speed of the game now a days. So I definitely understand your frustration and I too would be upset at my AD. Next thing you know your AD my enforce the 8 man 45 point rule.
Posted By: Mahan

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/23/13 03:03 PM

it was not my AD...it was the AD of the school we were beating...and will continue to beat...in everything.
Posted By: J. Storm

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/23/13 06:10 PM

My fault coach I misread, but yes that is valuable playing time kids can receive.

I like what the coach said from Aledo that he had his second third and even fourth teamers in at points of that game. He said it isn't fair to tell those kids to go easy when they work hard all week and get an opportunity to play. I am amazed to their starting running back carried the ball 5 times and scored on 4 of those carries.
Posted By: GregMann

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/23/13 10:27 PM

A school does not have the right to unilaterally shorten a game; varsity or sub-varsity. It is permissable to play a shortened game if the league has a mercy rule, or it is a state play-off game where there is a mercy rule. I would have thrown a "hissy" about this.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/24/13 03:42 AM

Just another example of the pussification of America...
Posted By: cps51

Re: Bullying in HS Sports - 10/24/13 08:16 PM

not that it matters, but I read this was a father who filed this compliant.
Wonder if the kid got bullied at school on Monday when his teamates found out
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums