Kansas Wrestling

New web page...usawks.org

Posted By: Cokeley

New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 03:10 PM

This was the first season for our new web page usawks.org. The number of viewers, posters, and topics seems to have dwindled severely this year. Is because the forum requires your browser to open up another web site? Is the new web page not as user friendly as the old one? Has the Kansas wrestling supporter base grown bored of the talk forum?

I am asking now because even at the height of popularity, the talk forum will basically go into hibernation in six days. While everyone is still interested lets gather some feedback.
Posted By: objective

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 04:13 PM

my guess it is partly because some regulars have extreme views and are not really open for a positive discussion or accept other views and then many topics venture off into immature name calling and is not a welcoming atmosphere!
We all know that "we" often take exception to a team for what a supporter says. I do not want anyone having ill feelings toward the team I support because of some statement I said that was not intended to be offensive but perceived that way. I do know several coaches that do not post for that very reason. let's just say that posting is contrary to their better judgment!
Posted By: klintdeere

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 04:49 PM

It is less user friendly and browser friendly, i know in the past the speed that the forums opened was great and the overall connection seemed to be the best link i had. The two step process kept me from doing my casual browsing during my breaks from my busy times.
Posted By: Brent Lane

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 05:09 PM

How much has twitter taken over some of what you used to get out do this forum, it's great for results, brackets etc... Plus you don't get all that fluff.
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 05:16 PM

To be honest most all forums have slowed way down with facebook and twitter.

I do think the new page is a little hard to get around, it takes some getting used to for sure.
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 05:25 PM

Most of the big mouths have moved on. There's only a few of us left. We need to find the up and coming next Windjammer, Jerry Dale or Mike Furches of the wrestling world.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: objective
my guess it is partly because some regulars have extreme views and are not really open for a positive discussion or accept other views and then many topics venture off into immature name calling and is not a welcoming atmosphere!
We all know that "we" often take exception to a team for what a supporter says. I do not want anyone having ill feelings toward the team I support because of some statement I said that was not intended to be offensive but perceived that way. I do know several coaches that do not post for that very reason. let's just say that posting is contrary to their better judgment!

This has not changed from year to year. In fact, from the late 2000's there is significantly less "trash" on here. However, trash is attractive the masses. Why do you think TV has take over our free time? If you watch the news it is mostly negative. It is just a 2D forum with words and no repercussions so I respect this view but I don't believe it is valid.
Posted By: John Johnson

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 10:50 PM

I do hate the new web page, the old one was great, this one is terrible and harder to use. Why did we change anyway??
Posted By: Rford

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/23/14 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Cokeley

This has not changed from year to year. In fact, from the late 2000's there is significantly less "trash" on here. However, trash is attractive the masses. Why do you think TV has take over our free time? If you watch the news it is mostly negative. It is just a 2D forum with words and no repercussions so I respect this view but I don't believe it is valid.

I agree that the personal bashing has driven away some posters....not that they don't still read it, but they just don't want to get into the sometimes really negative tit-for-tat or get called stupid. I like a little flaming myself, and don't mind expressing my opinions, but I hold back on this forum because it can turn so mean so quickly. I remember a year or so I gave my opinion or view on some call/situation and I think I was right on the rule, and pretty mainstream on the interpretation, of it but some guy just went nuts on me for that post and I had to make sure the doors were locked he was so worked up over nothing...and that's what my opinions are...nothing....

Its pretty risky for coaches and officials to try to participate in any critical discussions and they probably should stay away from it.

Posted By: Chiefs

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Cokeley

Did this just happen OR maybe I'm slow on catching the humor????

Posted By: ram

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 01:47 AM

A big reason why people don't post on here more often is because of the above. Hell, even Objective's "view is not valid" as posted above. If you're not a "chief", from Ark City or Cokeley your opinions don't matter and if you do post it transgresses into some back-and-forth keyboard fight. That, gentlemen, is why many people view the forums, but rarely participate.
Posted By: Rford

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: ram
A big reason why people don't post on here more often is because of the above. Hell, even Objective's "view is not valid" as posted above. If you're not a "chief", from Ark City or Cokeley your opinions don't matter and if you do post it transgresses into some back-and-forth keyboard fight. That, gentlemen, is why many people view the forums, but rarely participate.

+1
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh
Most of the big mouths have moved on. There's only a few of us left. We need to find the up and coming next Windjammer, Jerry Dale or Mike Furches of the wrestling world.

Cavanaugh you jerk I'm still here. Just waiting in the bushes

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 03:04 AM

Read rams post ark city boy. But I ain't scared. What do I have to lose. I'm not Chief, Cokeley or from Ark City. Shoot, I'm playing with house money.
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 03:09 AM

And the house Monkey....

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 03:21 AM

I have to laugh when people say "another day, another dollar" because I make like 5 times more than them.

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 03:23 AM

Officially hijacked. My apologies Will.

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 03:30 AM

I love the pitter-patter of little feet, but only if it’s the sound of Oompa Loompas making chocolate for me.

Re: New web page...usawks.org - 02/24/14 03:34 AM

Oompa loompas are part of your family tree. Leprechauns and oompa loompas have to be related. Now I'm done.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums